Removing catalytic converter help:-)

Tengty

Teng Ty
Hey, i really want to remove my catalytic converter. Can i? If can, what the advantage/disadvantage of remove it? Thx in advance!

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Removing the Catalytic Converter is possible. But you need to find out if it is legal to do where you live.

Advantages:
You will gain a little power (probably about 3-5HP)

Disadvantages:
Increased Emissions
Possible Check Engine Light

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
another disadvantage is that you will sound like a weedwacker if you dont have a good muffler

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yank it off...what the heck. put a test pipe in and call it a day =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey, i really want to remove my catalytic converter. Can i? If can, what the advantage/disadvantage of remove it? Thx in advance!
Why do you want to remove it so badly if you're unaware of the advantages?

It won't be enough power that you'd even really be able to feel it. Okay, correction... one might think they feel more power, but the "butt dyno" is a known liar. It's not going to make you any faster.

Physically you can remove it. Just unbolt it and put in a piece of pipe to replace it. Legality is another story.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Take it out, then cut off the flanges on each side of it, buy some piping and make your own pipe. Also, don't forget the bung for the o2 sensor.

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why do you want to remove it so badly if you're unaware of the advantages?

It won't be enough power that you'd even really be able to feel it. Okay, correction... one might think they feel more power, but the "butt dyno" is a known liar. It's not going to make you any faster.

Physically you can remove it. Just unbolt it and put in a piece of pipe to replace it. Legality is another story.
x2. cambodia? no way!