removing small dents

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Somehow, someway, i'm really not sure how :roll: my hood has got some really small dents protruding outwards, almost like knuckle marks, like someone hit the inside of the hood. Anyone know of a way that those could be fixed, without pounding them back down or replacing the hood (which is one of my long term goals anyways......)

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is the paint cracked at all on them? if not take a hammer and put some masking tape or some kind of tape on the hitting side and just lightly tap the dents...they may not go all the way away but you could make them look somewhat better depending on how bad they are

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take your thumb and try to push it down? Sometimes the smallest dents are the worst to remove. I have a few and I can't push them out, it sucks.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tried pushing them down, sucks cause it's in a spot in the middle of the hood. If i apply too much pressure, it pushed the hood down around it. No cracked paint or anything, just protruding dents. I'll give that hammer idea a shot, see how that turns out

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jesus be careful with that hammer. If you're going to do that make sure you support the back side of what your hitting.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh for sure, hitting very very lightly. Think using one of those rubber mallet things would be a a better option?

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would use the mallet. Put the block wrapped in a towel behind it to absorb some inpact.

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Trey99EK said:
I would use the mallet. Put the block wrapped in a towel behind it to absorb some inpact.
yea and if you get the protruding ones banged out, and cause more damage, whatever you do, you should be able to at least fill it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't use the Dent King. i told my ex, but he boutgh it anyway. What a waste of money. Even if it did work, it's not supposed to work on smaller dents.

From what I hear abotu hood though, dents are nearly impossible to remove because of the ribbing behind it.

Also, often when you try to remove a dent yourself you will crack the paint.

I say save up for a new hood.