Removing trunk clips without breaking

myfavecoupe

Anyone know how to remove these clips without breaking them? I'm missing a few and found a civic at a junk yard I want to salvage from but I've broken a couple trying to remove

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Push down the round center, it will depress and allow you to take the clips out without breaking them. I used a thin plastic paint scraper type thing to pry them up gently around the sides till I could pull them out. When they are out, pop the centers out (push up through the bottom) so you have two pieces and then stick the large outside piece in when you're ready to put it all back together and the center "pin" will lock it in place.

myfavecoupe

Sweet thanks. Never thought to press in on the center pin. What about the clips for the wiper motor cowel? Are they similar?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't think I have ever taken them out. Iirc, there's very small holes on the side of the clip that you need to carefully pry upward. Naturally every clip ever made to hold on body panels is extremely unnerving to remove and is the single most fragile thing you'll touch in your life.