repainted the lip

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The lip was black i painted it , with duplicolor spray paint and clear coat...oh no to you haters IMO it looks good so i took some pictures

discuss/argue below

silver hatch

5+ Year Member
It looks like a body shop painted it. Perfect color match and everything. For something like a lip, skirt or wing, I don't see why some people would hate since there's not a lot of surface area to be sprayed. But as for painting a whole car, rattle cans ftl! Lol.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the comments guys, i was a little scared when i got done with the clear coat but after waiting 48 hours and using 3 coats of rubbing compound and 3 coats fo wax the lip turned out pretty f**king good...plus its a lip..its going to get beat up you know with rocks and s**t

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice, im painting my side skirts when i get the chance, only thing that bugs me is color matching it. idk what u did but can you take the Color code off the inside part of the car and try to color match it in a rattle can at autozone. or Honda paint ftl?

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bought a can of "Import Color-Honda" the only silver can they had...i said f**k it no one will really notice. turns out it was very very close i can hardly tell

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they actually have a silver metallic can of paint there too. looks good tho. now you need some sides and rear lip

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah thats what i used the metallic silver...i was thinking about side skirts but ill wait i gotta fix the too loud exhaust first

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hp header to stock cat to, stock midpipe that had the resonator cut out to hks hi-power

my old mid pipe rusted through so temporarily have the stock straight pipe back on till i can cut my test pipe apart and weld it in to be used as my resonator.....

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks absolutely fine bro. I don't know why you think you'd get flack for it...:what:

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ey some people have there mind set on body shop paint only whatevs it costed around 16 bux to do it and 5 days of my life...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats dumb.

Whatever gets the job done and looks decent.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
my lip has not even a 2 finger gap off the ground and is chipped everywhere :( It's almost worth having no lip.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2 finger gap!!!!! holy f**k man id destroy that lip in chicago

hondagriff

Banned
Pretty good for rattle can. Seen actual paint jobs that look like true rattle can jobs. Yours looks like nothing of the sort, clean and smooth.