Replaced Almost Everything - AC still not working

whitemtr2000

Hello all,

I recently joined this forum as I hoped someone could help me out with the AC issue I am having.

I noticed a few weeks back that the AC compressor was not engaging - the pull spun, but the compressor clutch did not engage. The cabin fan worked and the AC fan under the hood worked.

So I replaced what every internet link tell you to: The relay in the fuse box under the hood. Still the AC clutch did not engage, but the other two fan mentioned above did.

Then I tested and replaced the fuses associated with the AC under the hood and under the dash. Still the AC clutch did not engage, but the other two fan mentioned above did.

Of course I then figured the AC compressor was the issue - replaced that. Still the AC clutch did not engage, AND now the AC fan under the hood is also not engaging, but the cabin fan IS still working.

What the hell is going on? Am I fooling myself with something here?

This is what I am thinking next: The switch on the AC fan under the hood went bad from all the on/off during testing - ill either replace the whole fan or regulator - both relatively cheap. Trying a new relay? I dont know about this one but I am running out of ideas.

I am really open to any and all ideas someone might have.

Thanks