Replaced head gasket and distributor and now won't run

Jayce

Respected
I have a 89 civic with a D15b2 and I blew the head gasket and broke the distributor. I bought all new seals, gaskets, and a new distributor. And now when I go to start my car it starts but as soon as I let go of the gas it dies. And when I'm pushing the gas it takes forever for the rpms to go up to where they should be. And with my car being started for a matter of a minute, my exaust manifold is really hot. Does anyone know what it could be?

krazybrandon2325

Sounds like you warped your block my 89 hats did the same thing I had to get the block resurfaced

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

krazybrandon2325

And now I don't have that problem but I had to head and block resurfaced and all new gaskets and now I'm okay I have the d15b7

Jayce

Respected
Check the mechanical timing. It may be off by one tooth. If good, then try adjusting the ignition timing with a timing gun. Are you able to set it to spec?
I re did the timing but not the ignition timing. How would I do that?

Jayce

Respected
Sounds like you warped your block my 89 hats did the same thing I had to get the block resurfaced

Check the mechanical timing. It may be off by one tooth. If good, then try adjusting the ignition timing with a timing gun. Are you able to set it to spec?
They told me my head was still warped but they resurfaced it as much as they could. Would it just be better to look into getting a whole new engine if my block is warped too?

krazybrandon2325

But if he couldn't resurface it flush then yes you need a new head because that has to be smoother than the babies ass you use the new gasket right

krazybrandon2325

Correct but that means your block is Warped is why it's not running could be compression timing could be off