Replacing the trunk

rhiannon

Someone spilled battery acid in the trunk of my car, so I have to rip out the trunk and install a new one.

I already bought the parts from the dealership for about $400, and now they're asking for more money to install it.

I can't find any guides online to go through how to remove or install it on my own. Can anyone help me with this?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please explain in further detail what you're referring to as the trunk is the entire rear compartment. Do you mean the floor board? Pictures would help as well.

rhiannon

Please explain in further detail what you're referring to as the trunk is the entire rear compartment. Do you mean the floor board? Pictures would help as well.
It's hard to describe. It is kind of flexible material, covered in carpet. The best term I can think of to describe it would be "trunk lining", though that could be wrong. I have two pieces that go on either side, and a middle piece which covers the spare tire (middle piece is a bit harder of material)

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, thats the trunk liner. Thats easy to do yourself. It all snaps off and back on. First, idrntify each push clip location then carefully pry each one off so as to not rip the liner.

rhiannon

Yes, thats the trunk liner. Thats easy to do yourself. It all snaps off and back on. First, idrntify each push clip location then carefully pry each one off so as to not rip the liner.
Thank you thank you!!!! So do I need any special materials? Like even a screwdriver or anything else?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Truth be told Im not sure as Im not familiar with your generation of Civic, but basic tools should be all you need. They do make clip & retainer removal tools that make it easier, but Ive been fine without them. Harbor Freight has a cheap kit.