Reptlcal's Slow ej8 Build

reptlcal

Caillou
thanks, I'lll get these in soon. I need to get some metal nibblers.

reptlcal

Caillou
I just installed everything and it looks amazing. I wired the sidemarkers to the jdm style, where they are always on and blink with the blinker. Looks sooo good and the hids on the road are amazing as well. I can see everything and even though they are halogen bulb housings they still dont blind people. Me and my buddy tested it with drive by tests. I shined them at a wall and instead of the crap scatter they used to have, they are more flat lined. My friend also has some pics as I dont know where my camera is but he'll get them on facebook soon so I can post them up here. Next goals, drop my car and I want to straight pipe it from the downpipe to the muffler.

emerican

Registered VIP
I been thinking about sidemarker lights like that for mine, but havent really decided how much money did it all end up costing and how hard was it to wire.

reptlcal

Caillou
It is accually pretty easy. I got my sidemarkers for 40shipped from password jdm. I then got 16 guage wire (id suggest using 18 though) and made a two 3ft strips and just bound them together with zipties. then I got those little connecters. These:

hooked two to one side of the wire setup and plugged them into the side marker. then I got metal nibblers from radioshack for $14 that I returned after I used them. I used the template to match them on the same place on both sides. I took only my headlights out and used a slimjim my dad had to snake the wires from the hole to the parking lights. Then I tapped into the red and green wires. Pretty simple job if you do it accually. The only thing I dont like though is that the sidemarkers blink in between the other blinkers. Maybe there is a different way to wire them with out that. But I really recomend you get them. Btw I really like that bwr subframe brace you got.

reptlcal

Caillou
Thanks ya Ive been trying pretty hard with it. Peep my friend's 240, dropped on teins and has a straightpipe from the downpipe to a hks muffler. He's been taking it slow but well kept.

reptlcal

Caillou
Went out and also bought a new radiator because the one I have now has a leak. Its not the hoses I can see it leaking when I pop my hood. I'll get that in today.

reptlcal

Caillou
Got my radiator, delivered to me. I'll go drop it in. It also came with a 2012 calender with models and hot rods haha

emerican

Registered VIP
Big difference in the radiaters lol
Thank about the subframe brace man im really happy with it.
Doing those lights are now offically on my to do list just sucjs its to long lol.