Resurrecting the Dream/civhatch92 [REbuild]

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Managed to make it to the junkyard this weekend and was finally able to pick a few parts I've been looking for.

Big 1" brake master cylinder as well as the large brake booster setup from an integra.. score!

Snagged some rear trailing arms w/ ABS from a 1997 integra as well for a disc conversion ... despite the fact that I'm throwing these brakes in the garbage in favor of a Wilwood setup ;)

Front spindles from a 2000 civic ex w/ ABS

CNC 412 staging brake came in the mail as well. Didn't get to mess around with it much though as I didn't get around to ordering the fittings and lines to fab up the brake lines yet. Hopefully ordering those parts this week!

Slow and steady. Primed some stuff to keep the surface rust at bay.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Still have a ton of welding to do.. ran out of gas and decided to make up some templates for a bunch of larger holes that need to be filled.
Some are firewall holes where the originally harness came through, also the frame rail large holes will be filled and smoothed along with a few other random holes on each side.
Sorry Chris, but I will not be welding a plate onto the firewall to make it all flat.. at least I'm sticking with a honda though =] unlike greg!

I've decided to keep the heater box so the lower hole will be staying for the heater lines. I'm just not hardcore enough to rock it without heat for those cooler months.

Some will stay... some still need to go!

Bored, mocked the front support back up w/ radiator.

Still need to do some cutting for the fan to clear.. along with the FMIC

Traction bar barely clears!

Interior... yep, what a crap show.

Almost all removed.

Wires everywhere.. I'm going to forget how this goes back together for sure!

Passenger side of the harness.. needs work indeed!

Lastly I started breaking down the rear trailing arms as well as the front spindles so I can paint them or powdercoat them and set them aside so they're done.

Stay tuned!

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome work! I like the direction you're going for shaving the bay too.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Awesome work! I like the direction you're going for shaving the bay too.
Thanks.. trying my best here!
Coming along nicely
.. slowly.. :(

Few more updates for the few fans I've got following this thread..

Some fittings came in for my custom brake line tuck that I will be doing, along with extended wheel studs, and an adjustable proportioning valve for the rear brakes.

Got to work on filling some more holes... that larger ones this time..

What better metal to use than some OEM honda fender.. that JDM metal yo!

Subframe is completely out along with all front suspension. I still need to do a tear down on it all and give a blast before paint or powdercoat (whichever I decide)

My front radiator support had a small dimple on the back side which I was going to straighten out.. until I realized someone must have tried to do so by pushing behind the headlight and smashed it all in.
So I went to the junkyard and found one that wasn't crushed... this was literally the LAST civic in the junk yard that wasn't smashed in the front end!

Time to cover these swiss cheese holes

Not the greatest welder in all of the land.. it's my first time!

The drivers side has the worst shaped hole ever.. like a giant blob.. either way, goodbye!

Firewall holes... no thanks. Dat wire tuck be coming!

I never realized just how many holes there are in the engine bay. Blah!

Front frame rails.. yep welding it all.

Grind, grind, grind..

That's it for now. Got some other plans (non car related) this upcoming weekend so I won't be around.
Then maybe doing some more work on it the following weekend.. then gone once again.

Have to order a TON of parts.. just waiting on trying to finish most of the bay/front end since it's taking up a lot of time.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice progress, any idea what color it's going to be painted?

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice progress, any idea what color it's going to be painted?
Thanks!
.. I think I have a color in mind. I'm sure some will throw down the hate, so until it gets painted I'm not even going to discuss it hahah!

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks!
.. I think I have a color in mind. I'm sure some will throw down the hate, so until it gets painted I'm not even going to discuss it hahah!
Hot pink might be the only questionable color out there, it's a civic after all :lol:

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Few more pictures. I've got a busy schedule lately, but still am getting some work done.
Laying some welds down thick.. cause it's my first time.
Then grinding it all back off, hahah.

Passenger side is getting close.

Gutted

Mounting a proportioning valve to adjust pressure to rear brakes. Will be able to reach it behind the console from the drivers side.

Cleaned out wheel wells because all that rubber stuff loves to burn.

Two holes for the brake line tuck inside the firewall. Still waiting on two fittings before I can start bending up some lines.

Also working on sourcing some parts... not having the most luck as people seem to always flake out.. ugh

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'll just leave this here... see if anyone can pick up on it..