Resurrecting the Dream/civhatch92 [REbuild]

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It's been a long freaking time since I've updated this..
I'm still around, and so is the civic.. or shall I says civics.

So the white car has been running perfectly for years.
I even picked up a set of JDM ITR Recaro seats for it which are pretty mint!

The green hatch was the parts car for the white one while I was building that.

I've decided to build myself another hatch.. this time a bit more wild though.
Seeing as the green shell as been sitting around for years and is already gutted for the most part this shouldn't be too difficult to build in my spare time.

Not much rust either .. but still enough to require some quarter panel work once again.

Recently picked up another (my third) civic to be the donor of the go-fast parts. Then I'll throw a SOHC D16Z6 into the donor and sell it as a running car.
I will be taking the motor, fuel system as well as some suspension parts/mounts from this car and putting them into the hatch since I like hatches and the donor is a coupe... meh.

....BAM

I could just keep the one with the motor already in it... but I'm super picky and don't necessarily like a bunch of things the previous owner did. Roll cage welds are TOTALLY not legit AT ALL. Wiring to fuel pump is just just strewn about the rear seat. Engine bay could definitely use a ton of re-working to tidy it up. It was a race car and served well as one... not trying to rag on the previous owner who built it, as I know it one several races/awards and I am thankful to have had the opportunity to snatch it up.. but I want to build a nicer race car!

Show and go, none of that stanced out bulls*t everyone is doing these days (no offense to my buddies on the forum with the bags.. I still envy you guys!)

Figured building another car entirely would at least allow me to have my white car to rip around with my buddies still rather than not having a car at all to go to meets in!

..stay tuned!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hell yeah. Gimme some popcorn!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Chris usually brings some too.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cant wait! :popcorn:

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I can't decide...

OEM front end
or
Widebody 3 piece front end

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you have a picture of this widebidy front end?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I personally hate that look of a beefy from end with a small rear bumper with its lowest point being way higher than the front. It just looks far too imbalance, lacking smooth flow.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:( ... I like the wide body front. its so difficult to fit bit tires under OEM fenders, no matter what they stick out and I kind of hate that look.
I already am having traction issues with my white hatch at 400hp on the street.. granted I don't have street radials, they're just regular tires..hah. Saving the money for this build!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well then do the 3 piece and dont worry about what we say :rolf: d**k

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Got a little done this weekend. Tackled the swap of some the rear lower suspension goodies from the coupe to the hatch.
The fuel system will be swapped too... eventually.

Dual BOSCH 044 pumps

Oh... those lovely lower strut bolts..

Cursed... every... damn... time...

Yep, both of them broke. Go figure. Had to just cut the bushings out as the bolts were seized in them and now I'll have to pick up some cheap replacements to put back into the coupe.

The interior is pretty much town apart.

Next will probably be pulling the engines out of both cars, taking the fuel system out of the coupe, putting the SOHC motor from the hatch into the coupe and trying to get that running and ready to sell in order to get some cash flowing for the hatch build.

The ASR subframe brace needs a complete polish or anodized as it used to be purple.. and now.. isn't.
Already sandblasted most of the swaybar so I will be painting that soon as well.

Might not throw this stuff all on yet cause I'll be redoing the undercoating on the underside of the car.

Debating which coilers to throw in this thing.

Also still loving the 3-piece front end.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Got a bit more work done this weekend while visiting my parents.
Managed to drop the gas tank as well as drop the motor. The motor is sitting on a small engine cradle stand. Working on some jack extensions in order to raise the car up just a bit more to slide the motor out.
Then it'll be time to pull the other motor out of the coupe, throw this d16z6 into the coupe and sell it.

Few shots of the white turrrrd.

Boosting; always.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have my lower strut bolts soaking in pb blaster, hoping I have a bit better luck :lol:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thank goodness for the south haha. I'd hate having to deal with that crap.