Reverse lights stay ON!!?? What the heck

Lamonte219

ImA Computer Guy srry...
5+ Year Member
i have a 1991 civic Si Hatch. i jus bought some Reverse lights becuase when i bought it there was none there. and when i turn the car on they stay lit. any ideas where i should begin? im really clueless on this 1. i looked at the wiring and it all looks stock even tho the lights in the back are aftermarket carbon fiber back lights. any help or ideas would be awesome

eg.ob

5+ Year Member
try replacing the switch on the tranny.

Lamonte219

ImA Computer Guy srry...
5+ Year Member
sorry for the slow reply no internet for a while here

nope no swap that i know of. any idea wat that switch is called? and maybe its location?

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check to see if the two wires (i believe ones yellow and the other green) on top of the transmission do not have any shorts. those wires are the reverse wires for the tail reverse lights.

Lamonte219

ImA Computer Guy srry...
5+ Year Member
haha ok thanks. that wat ive been doing no 1 seems to care that my lights arent on wen im backing up haha. but its jus annoying lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wait they're on all the time, but off when you're in reverse?
Wired backwards?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the switch is stuck... if this is a 5 speed car... look for the ONLY 2 wires going into the trans. when you find them. remove that part. should be like a really big bolt. see if the switch moves. if not... it needs to be freed or replaced. im leaning towards replaced.

bnerweener

5+ Year Member
backwards bulbs...=)

I think that happened to me, but it was because I mixed the bulbs up and tried to put the wrong ones in