Revolutionary New Liquid Armour

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it really wont change anything. in the war of ammo vs armor, ammo almost always wins. it will be pretty easy to develop a weapon with a bullet that will penetrate that armor, not to mention, conventional 'bullet proof' vests can only stop pistol and small ammunition, bullets from guns such as the 7.62 nato (ak-47 and others) go right through it, and guess what most of the insurgents and other military forces are armed with?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
anyone ever see that myth busters where they shot a wide variety of guns, from small pistols to HUGE rifles into a pool to see how far underwater you'd have to be, to be shielded from the bullet?

i think the farthest underwater they had to go was 3feet...
it was hard to believe

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
it really wont change anything. in the war of ammo vs armor, ammo almost always wins. it will be pretty easy to develop a weapon with a bullet that will penetrate that armor, not to mention, conventional 'bullet proof' vests can only stop pistol and small ammunition, bullets from guns such as the 7.62 nato (ak-47 and others) go right through it, and guess what most of the insurgents and other military forces are armed with?
Yeah, but the military will still not be allowed to use the new bullets due to Article 23e of the Hague Convention Treaties (along with other "laws of war"). That is what is scary.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
anyone ever see that myth busters where they shot a wide variety of guns, from small pistols to HUGE rifles into a pool to see how far underwater you'd have to be, to be shielded from the bullet?

i think the farthest underwater they had to go was 3feet...
it was hard to believe
The high balistic speed didn't go far but the shotgun slug I believe went farther because of the weight.

It was awesome to see that .50 cal fire though :shock:

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Fawks said:
Yeah, but the military will still not be allowed to use the new bullets due to Article 23e of the Hague Convention Treaties (along with other "laws of war"). That is what is scary.
given that the us military has broken most of the international treaties it has signed, i highly doubt that they are going to care about that one. if its going to get what they want, the military will do it.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
given that the us military has broken most of the international treaties it has signed, i highly doubt that they are going to care about that one. if its going to get what they want, the military will do it.
They still haven't broken this one. And trust me, they want to get away from the full metal jacket bad.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm.. it bounces off.. but you'd still get injured(just not as bad).. pretty cool stuff. I'm pretty sure a normal weapon used in war could penetrate it... but... the better the armor the more crazier the weapons get. I can't wait to see what they do with it.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In a land of bullet proof vests, the grenade reigns supreme.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
Definately cool, but does it stop armour piercing or hollowpoint rounds??????
Probably not, and that is the problem. The military cannot use those ammunitions. They are restricted to the full metal jacket type rounds.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
Doesn't stop other militaries or insurgents from using them though.....
That is what I mean. You know that we are gonna sell them to whoever gives us money. Scary shisse.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well on our side of the border, it be decades before we get something like that

our guys are prolly wearing flannel armour

I'll stick with the video game war s**t, and let the real army guys worry about that s**t

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, this stuff will make it like BF2. You gotta shoot someone 10 times before they drop.

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome stuff. How many ppl here have been in the armed services or have family/friends? Ppl really do act like they know their s**t when it comes to this stuff. Its going to help no matter what.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've got a few friends who served. I was going to serve, try to join airforce and become a fighter pilot (like everyone wants to do :P ), but my eyes are f**ked up and they'd never let me do it