Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "abej6"

i like looks....

mostly because they are cheaper than speed... :what:
are they? can you really have a good lookin car for the cost of a motor swap or turbo?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "handlebarsfsr"

abej6 said:
i like looks....

mostly because they are cheaper than speed... :what:
are they? can you really have a good lookin car for the cost of a motor swap or turbo?
yes.... :roll:

take a 98 hatch like my own :

type r front and rear lips -- 59.99 each
paint - 125.00
rota wheels 16" -- 550.00
kumho tires -- 250.00
mounting & balancing -- 35.00
type r replica spoiler -- 175.00
coilover setup -- 1000.00
diy painted headlights & taillights -- 20 for paint and about 3 hours labour
mugen twin loop exhaust -- 700.00
install & labour -- 80.00 -> 100.00
paint -- 85.00

grand total -- 3014.99

that is a sweet looking car to me :what:

but hey... you have your opinion... (and im sure we'll hear it)... you like turbo's and engine swaps.. i like wheels and some minor body add-ons.... :wink:

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i mean to radically change the car- (i personally like the look of your car) like the way a turbo or engine swap does. body kits, big rims (17" plus), gnarly paint jobs,etc like most kids are looking for easily cost a lot more than what you spent, or could spend on a really nice motor. it just seems silly to me, but hey whatever im sure what i say seems dumb to most of you...

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "handlebarsfsr"

i mean to radically change the car- (i personally like the look of your car) like the way a turbo or engine swap does. body kits, big rims (17" plus), gnarly paint jobs,etc like most kids are looking for easily cost a lot more than what you spent, or could spend on a really nice motor. it just seems silly to me, but hey whatever im sure what i say seems dumb to most of you...
i know what your saying its just i cant really make my 7thgen really fast with out spending over 5g's into the engine. and the thing that sucks is i did all this stuff to the outside of my car since there wasnt a turbo out for my car then. and of course there is now, so when i get 3g's to spend you know what im getting. or i could spend 7g's to get a k20 into my car. ( all you 5th and 6thgen guys are luck a b16 dont cost close to this)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont worry, in time the price of the k-series will go down...shiet, prices have already come down quite a bit and in about 2-3 years.. you'll be spending what we spend on b-series s**t...

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys.. sorry for slackin .. right now im in arizona for a little randr for a week