rim offset question.

SCollins6thGen

i want to get my new rims but not quite sure what offset to get them in. the size is of the wheel is 16x7 and im getting 205/45/16 size tires.

The wheels i want come in three different offsets and i wanted to know which one would best fit my car.

Offsets(Hub Clearance/mm)

+33(44), +38(39), +45(32)

the car is a 2000 civic ex sedan. all help is appreciated

mattr89lxi

5+ Year Member
mine are 16x6.5 +45 with 205/45/16's and they fit perfect!

heres a picture:

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
45 offset is basically factory, if you want that then go for it. the lower the offset the further out the rim will be, giving you the ability to have the lip of the rim sit flush with the edge of the fender, like so (stretched tires of course)

mattr89lxi

5+ Year Member
yeah that rides tight...i wanna go like +20 or +15 or somewere around there on my dc next time...just remeber goin extreme low offsets can cost a little more $$$ to get them to look fit and sit right

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it also depends on the wheel width. a +20 offset on a 6.5" wheel will not look the same as a +20 on a 7.5" wheel. i recommend using the wheel/tire size calculator link in the suspension sticky-threads

WillyBigNut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
+33 should fit very nicely. These wheels were 16x7 +32 with 195/45/16 tires and i could barely run a piece of paper between tire and quarter panel.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imo i am jus loving the look of how flush the driverside tires look on mattr89lxi's ride ( red rims) i would go with that... just my :twocents:

TH3 PUNISH3R 87

can some one please tell me the setup that integra has what suspension drop in inches and the suspension kit it has also what wheels and tires it has.

CDubs

Registered VIP
sorry to jack this thread but what about a -40 offset such as the Drag DR20s...would fender rolling be nessecary? i plan on lowing my car on coilovers and these look like good wheels but im not sure about the offset once its lowered

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Would anyone know if a 15x8 with a +20 offset would rub on anything on my 00 honda civic coupe? Thanks!
If you run small tires (such as 165/50 up to 185/50) it will not rub whatsoever. Run anything from 195/50 and up and you will definitely rub (assuming you're on a +3" drop).