rims for a civic

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to clubcivic :!:

and i'm not sure i fully understand your question?

as for as big as you can go, well how big do you want to go?? for sure 20" will not fit, 19" is pushing it (if you do that, your just ASKING for a shitty ride)

and i dont think that it really affects the miles by a large margin

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go with 17x7" rims. 205/40/17 tire size. it's what most people do, but it will make yur ride less smooth. :neutral: and make sure u drop that sucker too :thumbs up:

97civicnation

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive seen 19s on a 92 hatch, dont know if thatll help but there you have it

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u have 19's or bigger on a civic.... u take it in the ass! :nod: :thumbs up:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

if u have 19's or bigger on a civic.... u take it in the ass! :nod: :thumbs up:
basically...

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I saw 20's on a new coupe in town a little while back. He had to acually lift the car somewhat to fit them on...the keep spinning rims. It was ugly as piss....looked like a ghetto'fied moster truck!

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "99ExCoupe"

I saw 20's on a new coupe in town a little while back. He had to acually lift the car somewhat to fit them on...the keep spinning rims. It was ugly as piss....looked like a ghetto'fied moster truck!
LOL!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i saw 17" assasins or assasin lookalikes on a silver 6th gen coupe on saturday at the show! :roll:

locust

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh sorry. i meant like. as far as plus sizing. i just wondered whats the lasgest rim to keep the same diameter. and also like i dont want to low of a profile for my tires cuz i want a smooth ride and less chance of a rim breaking or denting

tunchz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check out www.tirerack.com, they will tell you everything about how to calculate the diameter or match the tire withe the rim for the stock spec. I hope that helps.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
plus you can check out the rims on your car!

black_dragon_i

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the tire rack has info on plus sizzing and timing to make sure that you do not put on a rim that makes your speedo misread.

If you are on a D or B series motor PLEASE do not go larger than 15 unless you are going to turbo. The rotational mass of something larger than a 15 is just to much for the Honda's lack of torque without FI. Trust me keep small if you care about your power output and gas miliage!!!

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive a set of 17x7.0 rims on my 95 lx....now as far as power is ok...but i would suggest a little more(BTW) im building a Vtech right now =) will have around 400 hp when im done...only working 2 jobs and a weekend job for hte money =))

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "BioHazard"

ive a set of 17x7.0 rims on my 95 lx....now as far as power is ok...but i would suggest a little more(BTW) im building a Vtech right now =) will have around 400 hp when im done...only working 2 jobs and a weekend job for hte money =))

you build phones?????

:thumbs up: :wink:

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "position..eh"

BioHazard said:

you build phones?????

:thumbs up: :wink:
:laugh: