Rims Suggestions?

Kennykid2002

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, i own a 2003 Honda Civic Coupe and i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to good looking rims for my car?
I prefer a 5 or 6 spoke rim maybe black or white iuno yet

any suggestions? or better yet, pix of one with similar car/color?

heres my car :

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like the wheels that are on it, would look 10x's better if it was lowered on those also

Kennykid2002

5+ Year Member
yea, well i also kind of think they are kind of small, thats why i sorta wanna change them too
and yea, i was thinking bout dropping it 1.5~2 inch

was thinking something similar to this :

Adrian Peterson

5+ Year Member
The TE-37s would look great on your car, and definitely in white. Black wheels on a white car can get to be a little tacky, but that's of course up to you.

The TE-37s are a great wheel, very lightweight. They are however, on the pricey side as retail on Ray's Engineering wheels have gone up yet another $350-400 in retail price since this past summer.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Expensive wheels but they'd be sweet. Nippon or Rota make some te37 knock offs if your on a budget

Kennykid2002

5+ Year Member
so im looking at about 530 bucks on ebay for a set of white rota grids (incl shipping)

how much do you guys think it'd cost approx to drop it about 1.5~2 inches?

ryanM

wtf, i thought you wanted volks.

if you get the TE's i would get them in mag blue.

Kennykid2002

5+ Year Member
wtf, i thought you wanted volks.

if you get the TE's i would get them in mag blue.
volks is way over my budget
550 each vs 530 for a set of 4
(besides, they look virtually the same, i just want style, not looking to spend thousands on a "brand name racing wheel")

and why blue?
white on blue? kinda weird
i was either gonna get black or white

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so im looking at about 530 bucks on ebay for a set of white rota grids (incl shipping)

how much do you guys think it'd cost approx to drop it about 1.5~2 inches?
I think those would be sweet, sure they're knock-offs but who cares, imo its not worth an extra $1500 for the "Ray's Engineering" stickers and stamp of authenticity.

Kennykid2002

5+ Year Member
but TE-37s in mag blue would look tits on that car
like this ?

btw, on the second car i posted? or MY car?
cos my car i dont think its blue enough for those rims haha
I think those would be sweet, sure they're knock-offs but who cares, imo its not worth an extra $1500 for the "Ray's Engineering" stickers and stamp of authenticity.
true that (that and you missed the alignment of the lugnut holes or w/e, which i dont really care about)

Adrian Peterson

5+ Year Member
I think one of the biggest reasons people buy Volks is because of that anodized bronze finish. No one has been able to replicate it and to this day that bronze is one of the best selling colors, ever.
I have a set of 18" RE-30 in that bronze, and have owned both CE28s and TE37s in that bronze. I wouldn't trade that (plus the additional weight savings, overall strength of a forged wheel, etc) for Rotas if my life depended on it.

Of course if you don't care for the color, weight, and everything else associated with the costs of purchasing "authentic" wheels over the replicas, then go for it. Talk to JLB Motorsports they have the best deals on Rotas (with or without tires) hands down.

Adrian Peterson

5+ Year Member
The wheel you posted is a Forged Magnesium TE-37 costing about $6000 for the set. They were only available in two sizes in the US: 18X8.5 and 18X10 I believe.

That's the color (the official color is Volk Diamond Blue, not "mag blue") and it's a very dark color when there's no direct light on the wheels, but they can be very bright in the right lighting conditions as shown in that picture.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't have to spend $1000+ dollars to get legit wheels.