RIP 2006 Civic

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
wow that really sux i start falling asleep too but good thing i keep a can of XTRA CAFFEINE in my car, just when I like the window, loud music and air conditioning isnt working i pop open a can of red bull or something with lots of caffeine. I wonder how ur insurance rate is going to go up

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that1screnname said:
Yesterday May 2, 2006 at 5:30pm, I carshed my car. I was asleep behind the wheel. The car is totaled.

New Car to be determined........... Maybe...........07 Sentra, 06 SI or Ex-navi, Used Evo or STi. My dream car is TSX ......Boy can dream.....

What should I buy,
Maybe a taxi is the way you might want to try, I would buy an rsx type s.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that1screnname said:
I work over 10 hours a day and I go to school full-time. I hit a dodge Durango head on doing 35mph......Lucky to be Living
Good god. Glad you are ok......

get the new Si..... =)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn man. that sucks. as long as you're okay thats what really counts

when i start to fall asleep, i roll down both my windows (i drive a coupe), slide the moonroof back, and blast whatever cd i have on and start singing along as loud as i can. hasn't failed me yet

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn... its to early to start seeing the R.I.P. 2006 thread!!!

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I eat an apple. Eating stimulates the brain. How often have you fallen asleep eating? Plus the tartness of the apple helps too. I've driven many a long night back from Boston and this trick has never failed me.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I roll down all the windows, crank the radio, and smack myself in the face when I feel like falling asleep. I was driving back from Baltimore and kept falling asleep and four imports rolled by me wanting to race, adrenaline kicked in and I stayed wide awake for the two hour drive back home. I got the racing shakes afterwards and racing on rt495 was awesome. So moral of the story do something illegal like go really fast or race someone and then you will be awake for hours.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn bro, lucky to be walking, i've fallen asleep at the wheel before (but i only grazed the wall and luckily no damage) it was in my old 87 fiero gt lol, there is this game its called freeze out a/c on all windows down, that should help you out, or just pull over get out and stretch and that will help too

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn man, glad to hear that you walked away from this fine.

When I find myself falling asleep behind the wheel, I usually drink something (like water or soda) or, when I used to, smoke (Yes, I know the smell does set into the interior. That's why you smoke some nice smelling expensive cigars :P) and that would keep me awake for 2-3 hour trips on the freeway. Personally though, I like to drive with friends because having conversations keep me up and I tend to be a better driver when there are others in my car; also, if you start falling asleep and you don't catch yourself, your friend will always be able reach over and give you a smack across the face :lol:. But if nothing like this works, I think it would be best to park in a lot somewhere and take nap rather than do that behind the wheel on the freeway.

Pineapples said:
And you'll be tripping when you say hello to new insurance rate.
Ain't that the truth :lol:

Blahman240 said:
so wait... fg's are ex,lx, and si?!?!?!
FG's are all the 06 Civic coupes. FG1's are DX, LX, and EX and FG2 is the Si.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
I eat an apple. Eating stimulates the brain. How often have you fallen asleep eating? Plus the tartness of the apple helps too. I've driven many a long night back from Boston and this trick has never failed me.
Apple's are supposedly more potent at helping you wake up in the morning than the caffeine in a cup of coffee (according to my nutrition classes I took in college). =)

bustamove

car-less.
5+ Year Member
sorry to hear... i also recently got into a car accident by falling asleep at the wheel... head to head with a suv.. luckily i was driving the ford festiva.. :(

goood luck on finding a new car.

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry to hear that man. falling asleep is how i got my last spending ticket (81 in a 65)
May the FG rest in piece

chartinael

5+ Year Member
that1screnname said:
Yeah......but i got ALot of insurance coverage.....so i'm not tripping about it. Thanks.
sorry to hear but to be honest, you just don't drive when you are not fit enough to drive. You could have hit a child or run over some other person as well. Also you probably should not be getting any car anytime soon until you straighten up. Long hours are absolutely no excuse ...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
TheCrazy1 said:
Haha, well he did only ask about the FGs =P. When I first read your post I thought I made a mistake, I was ready to bow my head in shame... :oops: :lol:
Ahh, I was trying to tell you that, for example, all 2006 EXs are not FGs. ;) Only the 2006 EX coupes are FGs. Thge 2006 EX sedans are FAs. =)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That sucks man...i've never had a problem with falling asleep behind the wheel......its like im always alert while im driving and stuff...and it helps to have a window down or your stereo up that way im not comfortable enough to sleep but im sorry to hear about your loss man. GL with the next car!