road noise after rotating tires

zdiver07

5+ Year Member
ok guys, I have a 98 hatch with 16" rims, I decided to rotate the tires after about 10,000 miles of wear on my new tires. After I rotated the tires I got a loud and annoying vibration in the front left tire only. Before I rotated I was getting load road noise from the rear. Thought maybe rotating would help. Now road noise is just in the front. The vibration comes mostly when moving at very low speeds. I thought the tire was out of balance so I took it to the local tire shop and a guy there told me that it was cause my car is lowered, with skunk 2 coilovers by the way. He metioned that the tires are now cupped and that to prevent this I need to install a camber kit , but he said he has owned lowered civics and always went without, that with frequent rotation the tires will wear evenly. So is what he said true? Do I or don't I NEED the camber kit to prevent the uneven wear? Thanks!

89true1

5+ Year Member
go get an alignment and call it a day

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're having a problem with camber then you should get a camber kit. Can you get away without one, maybe, but if you're having problems get one. You'll save money on tires in the long run.

zdiver07

5+ Year Member
its def not an alignment issue, the car drives perfectly straight, when you go to stop it does pull slightly to the right, but nothing major at all.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
having an off alignment wont really give you road noise. try balancing your wheels and if balancing doesnt work then you just have a noisy ass tire.

Quebec_Civic

JDM? Is that A Brand?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
steel belt in the tire broken?... A bump in the tire?... check closely