Roanoke, VA area - Seeking experienced Honda mechanic for possible 1993 Civic CX restoration project

semicool

Exploring the possibility of restoring a 1993 Civic CX. Has been nonoperational for about 3 years. No major body problems. Hope to replace engine with a JDM, somewhat more powerful than original but nothing crazy. At this point, just trying to get a general sense of cost and feasibility. Many thanks.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
What part of Roanoke?

(see if its a chatbot)

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Actually, it's northern Franklin County.
Sooooo, which town? There are a couple of reputable shops up the Natural Bridge area.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
NM Franklin County is Smith Mountain Lake area. I have friends up that way too.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Really appreciate your responses. I'm in an unincorporated area outside Boones Mill.
Damn you really are in the boonies. I used to live in Pulaski some years ago. If I was still local Id offer services but Im west coast now.

semicool

Well, then, come on back. It's a good time to be in the boonies, and I say that as a 30-year resident of San Francisco who defected some years ago. 8-) In any case, really appreciate your time. If you learn of someone who might work, please keep this in mind. Best, -dr

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Well, then, come on back. It's a good time to be in the boonies, and I say that as a 30-year resident of San Francisco who defected some years ago. 8-) In any case, really appreciate your time. If you learn of someone who might work, please keep this in mind. Best, -dr
There are a couple of shops in the Radford-Christiansburg area you may want to check out. Just google those areas for shops, you will find them. I haven't lived there in nearly 15 years.