Rota wheels

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
be patient and save up for quality parts. Ebay and rep. items are cheap for a reason and are much much more unsafe. If you want something cheap and durable, go buy steelies with some good tires, that's what they're made for.
or nicer oem wheels

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oh i know the wheels are the same, they are just of a much lower quality. reps tend to shatter where the real wheel will only bend. im not saying dont get them, everyone can do what they want and have their own opinion. i just try to help support companies that are now going out of business because they get screwed
You're thinking of Konigs a few years back. Konigs shattered. I've never heard of rotas shattering. Rotas are tested very rigorously and are made with quality. For half the price of "real rims" as you like to call them, you get an almost identical look with very similar quality. The only difference is the name and the center caps.

I'm a full supporter of spending money where it needs to be spent, and saving money where it doesn't need to be spent. I think in this case, the money does not need to be spent.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
people have had the hub rip out of rotas before

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can honestly say I've never heard of that happening. I have pushed my wheels to the limits on the track as have many other people I've known, on Rotas, and have had zero issues. I've also hit some pretty serious pot holes and have nothing to show for it. I have never heard of anybody having any "abnormal" rim issues on Rotas, aside from he said/she said hearsay.

There will always be problems with every product out there, and there will always be somebody who paid twice as much for essentially the same product, waiting to point the finger and call it a bad product.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think that the quality is really that much of an issue I just choose not to support the company. I've bought knock off parts (lips, spoilers) in the past too but at this point they aren't something I'd be interested in. I think out of the choices you mentioned the Circuit 8 is the best looking wheel however I think the Circuit 10 (MF10 knockoff) is even better.

drewskii

i have circuit 10s and i love them. never had any problems with them. id rather buy rotas and save that unnessary money. i almost bought te37 but i decided to spend that money on my swap. i can get expensive rims when my car is done performance wise. function>form