Rota wheels

davecivicsi

I'm hesitating between some rotas: il like rota torque, grid, circuit 8, but I really don't know which one would look better on a 2005 civic sedan, I would choose gunmetal for my dark gray car.

Thanks

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go www.google.com <--- here, search "es1 with ____" insert wheel choice, then look at images and make your choice, we cant decide for you

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Yea, it's a personal choice. Definitely try speedy's google suggestion to get some ideas. I have the circuit 8's on my civic, but your tastes won't necessarily be the same as mine.

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
grids are sexy. thats what i'm running. mine are actually up for sale.. time to move on.

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
grids are sexy. thats what i'm running. mine are actually up for sale.. time to move on.
I almost bought grids but decided not to.

And good choice and moving on Drissn! I always thought you either needed to paint them or get rid of em.

great choice in color btw. black wheels are too played out!
Thanks man! That was my exact thought, was trying to avoid black when I was purchasing my wheels.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can buy other wheels that are real for a good price, and what raises the price of real wheels is companies like rota since they start to lose business and less wheels are sold making them harder to find.

you can buy 4x100 15 inch bbs rs for 900, thats not bad at all...

use forums! vwvortex.com has an entire 4x100 section

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can buy other wheels that are real for a good price, and what raises the price of real wheels is companies like rota since they start to lose business and less wheels are sold making them harder to find.

you can buy 4x100 15 inch bbs rs for 900, thats not bad at all...

use forums! vwvortex.com has an entire 4x100 section
+ tires... You can 4x100 any rotas for 350-500

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and they are cheap for a reason. they are not as structurally sound.

i just hate rep wheels, i purposely got a set for winter to destroy them...i will one set at a time let the salt ruin them

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is america, home of capitalism. Of course there will be reps of eveything out here. Rotas are rims just like any other place, would you prefer he goes to pepboys and buy one of the sets off the walls. Just saying cuz I have some nice grids, and I chose them cuz I like how they look and don't have $1500 to spend on TE-37's for a car that originally cost me $1800. Just my $.2 But then again I woulda got Buddy Club P1's if I could find em locally lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i know the wheels are the same, they are just of a much lower quality. reps tend to shatter where the real wheel will only bend. im not saying dont get them, everyone can do what they want and have their own opinion. i just try to help support companies that are now going out of business because they get screwed

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
oh i know the wheels are the same, they are just of a much lower quality. reps tend to shatter where the real wheel will only bend. im not saying dont get them, everyone can do what they want and have their own opinion. i just try to help support companies that are now going out of business because they get screwed
Get use to it? Its a civic eat civic world now, no one is safe.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get use to it? Its a civic eat civic world now, no one is safe.
meh no. do you support buying ebay parts? kinda the same deal. like i said, everyone can have their own opinion

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
^^some good points here, gotta agree with u. Just out of curiosity, anyone know the strength/durability comparisons between stock alloys and, say, replicas like rotas?

Dnguyen92

If only I had money to buy rimsand tires
be patient and save up for quality parts. Ebay and rep. items are cheap for a reason and are much much more unsafe. If you want something cheap and durable, go buy steelies with some good tires, that's what they're made for.