ROTM Winner March 2005: Blowncivic1320 (56K warn)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I forsee NJ taking the ROTM crown back for next month.. = ) good luck man..

Blowncivic1320 said:
and its MUCH easier to pass inspection wiht ;)

i STRONGLY dsiagree... an O2 sensor is part of your cars emision monitoring equipment.. i THINK you will totaly fail at a legit inspection facility..

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think OBD1 has 02 sensors...or am i wrong?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You know you got my vote.

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blowncivic1320 said:
just one 02 sensor

Do you have any track or dyno resluts since you turbo'd?

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The blue with blacked out headlights flows VERY smooth. good choice in color, good choice in engine mods. :D

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blowncivic1320 said:
well thats the problem.. your car a 96-98 honda civic comes with 2 O2 sensors... if they are considered part of the emission control s**t you can NOT remove them.. ALSO in NJ they now check that the ECU is in ready mode(on OBD2 cars), and has no CEL.. your car acording to DMV is OBD2 so i think you might have just made it VERY hard for you to pass REAL inspection.. i believe they even plug the car in now.. when they plug into your car it will not jive with the OBD1 ecu and you will FAIL...again im NOT an inspection official.. this is just my understanding of inspection law... i also called the state police the other day about motors older than the car itself.. and the person i spoke to said he was pretty confident that the only thing in NJ is that the vehicle must have all the same emision stuff in place that came stock with the car.. meaning i COULD put a 96 engine in my car as long as it still had all the factory emision s**t... again he was not %100 sure..

question... what made you think that it would make it easier to pass?

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thank you...appreciate it ;)

and i pay to get inspected, i might have to buy a sticker tho uit seems

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RaYrAy said:
just one 02 sensor

Do you have any track or dyno resluts since you turbo'd?
I will post the dyno sheet up tommorow when i get back from gettin tuned!

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes and the turbo ceased due to a shitty rebuild...

im gettin a B trim Turbonetics Ballbearing turbo within this week under warranty =)

i made 188whp-180torque at 9psi tho...not fully tuned because it ceased, i will hit 200 when the new turbo is in for sure

sohc_vtec 2NR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SOHC-T represent!!! so what kinda times where you pullin with that setup??? i would love to apply my car for the ROTM but i don't have enough body work done....

bcivic94

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you took it is jeff evens tuning right? how much did he charge for the tune well as much as you got done that is how are his rates?

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thread cleaned up. please keep comments focused on the car. if u have a problem with how he went about it, mention it and be done with it. don't ruin the application.

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
x007den said:
thread cleaned up. please keep comments focused on the car. if u have a problem with how he went about it, mention it and be done with it. don't ruin the application.
thank you... 8)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
did i miss all the drama?
dang, i'm never on at the right time :lol:

leftlaneb*tch

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
very very nice....ive always liked your car....it was nice watching it transform too :thumbs up
YAY! It's my fav kiddo :0) He's all grown up ;) Lookin good. Always loved watching your progress with your ride. I hope you've been good and keepin a clean record.................. :P :P