rough idle?

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys I just completed my b16a swap in my 91 si tonight.. Fired right up!.. Took it around the block and notcie that in neutral the idle is jumping around fom like 1 to 2 and what not. Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its eather your tps is bad clean out your throttel control unerder your throttel boddy and on the back of the intake manifold one of the three is bad or you have a bad ground are you throwing any codes i just cleaned out the idel control valve and my went back to normal so check out them three things

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah it could be the idle air control valve like was stated above, but id say most likely its a vaccum leak. CHeck your vacuum hoses and if you cant find it, spray some carb cleaner around and if the idle jumps, your getting closer to the source of the leak!

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
any cels? did u go from dpfi? make sure the TPS is wired right. if two wires are switched, it'll do that, but not give you code 7 (?) for TPS. could be vacuum leak. buy like 2 feet of hose and replace each hose one by one, with the new piece. if it stops, keep the hose there. make sure the Idle Air Control Valve is plugged in, etc. does the acceleration "stutter" at all? does it ever stop (temp, etc.)? if u have any open holes on the intake manifold, put your finger over it and see what happens to the idle. did u change the intake manifold?