Rowling hints Harry Potter might die

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No Regrets said:
Because I know people who almost FLIP when they hear a movie coming out, or get all f**kin butthurt when I spoiled the last book for them by tellin em who died.. Jesus, do like I do.. Read the first 20 pages of the front of the front, then 30 of the back, and you've basicly figured out the story =P
Why even pick up a book then if you just want to know the beginning and end?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:banana: :banana:

EH2 GSR 7232

Dee Dee Dee
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It wont be going away anytime soon... I mean you figure.. ok the last book will be out next... but they still have many many movies to make so It will keep coming back each time the movie comes out. I will admit the fact that I do like the books. the movies leave a little to be desired for but they wernt horrible either.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
who is harry potter? i've never heard of this potter guy

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the movies leave A LOT to be desired. the prisoner of azkaban was still good, but left out some nice little plot points that wouldn't have taken long to explain.

like who wormtail, padfoot, moony, and prongs were? you know wormtail from dealing with voldemort, but what about the rest?! it's important 'cuz prongs was harrys father! it explains why his little shield thingy (i can never remember the f**king name!) is a stag. that part really bothered me.

and goblet of fire... good god, they messed that up majorly. sirius is a major part. i don't see how they can make you care that he dies in the next movie, when his meaning wasn't clear enough in GoF. oh, and they left out the little girl elf from the quidditch match in the beginning, who is a MAJOR part of the whole death mark scene, and becomes an ongoing character. :wtf: she lives in sirius' house in the OotP! and didn't the whole house elf rights activism start in GoF?

and there' only three movies left. that's not that many.

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I liked the movies alot. And I went into them with a very negative attitude. People who hate get all caught up on the "Pop culture phenomenon!!11!!" that they can't just see quality when it's there. I know I know...some of you just think they're not great movies but everyone should try to keep an open mind. I mean, it's not like we're talking NSYNC/boy bands or tickle-me-elmo here. I think these were just good movies.

ryanM

harry potter has to die, the series is an Epic....Epic heroes MUST die or else the story fails. The epic heroe must face is fears in a single, final battle with his/her enemy with no help from any others, and they die in this battle.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the story will end at book 7. shes been saying it for 8 years now.

everyone i talk to says theyve read harry potter and loved it. i find it weird that the majority hates it on here. i guess im apart of the minority then. i love the books, the movies arent that great. i think the 2 that die will be harry and neville. harry's got to die, its as simple as that.

ryanM

Shiznit said:
the story will end at book 7. shes been saying it for 8 years now.

everyone i talk to says theyve read harry potter and loved it. i find it weird that the majority hates it on here. i guess im apart of the minority then. i love the books, the movies arent that great. i think the 2 that die will be harry and neville. harry's got to die, its as simple as that.
i agree, i read the first 4 books and i thought they were good. i have the 5th but no initiative to read it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I never was really interested in reading the books. I think I've seen two or three of the moveis (I have no idea how many are out there) and they weren't really that great to me.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the movies aren't that great. they are fun but....they are never as detailed.

i agree with akiahara on all things lol. =) Even though they are labelled "young adult," the books, storyline, and characters are well developed. i love reading and all different types of genres, but this type of book may not be for everyone.