Rowling hints Harry Potter might die

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LONDON, England (AP) -- Author J.K. Rowling said two characters will die in the last installment of her boy wizard series, and she hinted Harry Potter might not survive either.

"I have never been tempted to kill him off before the final because I've always planned seven books, and I want to finish on seven books," Rowling said Monday on TV in London.

Rowling declined to commit herself about Harry, saying she doesn't want to receive hate mail. (Watch what else Rowling said that suggests Harry will die -- 1:24)

"The last book is not finished. But I'm well into it now. I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I've known exactly how the series is going to end," she said.

Some characters might die, but the blockbuster movie franchise lives on. Warner Bros. Pictures has announced that the fifth installment will be released in cinemas in July 2007.

In "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," directed by David Yates, the teenage Harry continues to battle the evil Lord Voldemort (again played by Ralph Fiennes) and his followers. Daniel Radcliffe is returning as the title character, and Emma Watson and Rupert Grint reprise their roles as Hermione and Ron. Oscar-nominated actress Imelda Staunton plays the malicious, frumpy Professor Dolores Umbridge, who tortures Harry.

In her Monday interview on the "Richard and Judy" show, Rowling said people are sometimes shocked to hear that she wrote the end of book seven before she had a publisher for the first book in the series.

"The final chapter is hidden away, although it's now changed very slightly. One character got a reprieve. But I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die," she said. "A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil here. They don't target extras do they? They go for the main characters. Well, I do."

Rowling is the richest woman in Britain -- wealthier than even the queen -- with a fortune estimated by Forbes magazine last year at more than $1 billion.

Whatever she writes next, Rowling is sure of one thing: It won't be as successful as Harry Potter.

"I don't think I'm ever going to have anything like Harry again. You just get one like Harry."
GOD YES. FINALLY.

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I havent seen one of the movies nor read one of the books.

I'm trying to keep it that way. f**k Harry Potter.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hatch_Of_Doom said:
I havent seen one of the movies nor read one of the books.

I'm trying to keep it that way. f**k Harry Potter.
I'm just glad cause I'm tired of hearing all the damn hype of it.. It's a damn book people, it's FICTIONAL.

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love these google ads...

Hooked on Harry Potter?

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Error404 said:
I'm just glad cause I'm tired of hearing all the damn hype of it.. It's a damn book people, it's FICTIONAL.
very true. then why so mad panda bear? :suprise:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tiso said:
very true. then why so mad panda bear? :suprise:
Because I know people who almost FLIP when they hear a movie coming out, or get all f**kin butthurt when I spoiled the last book for them by tellin em who died.. Jesus, do like I do.. Read the first 20 pages of the front of the front, then 30 of the back, and you've basicly figured out the story =P

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is old, shes said that many times, however it might be Neville that dies and saves the day.

Sorry Im a n00bs and read the b00ks and watched the movie.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Even if they kill him off I would expect another member of the cast to take over. Why kill what's making your money?

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thank God is right. Too much hype....I'll be glad when it's all over and done with and oh yeah FORGOTTEN

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Even if they kill him off I would expect another member of the cast to take over. Why kill what's making your money?
I don't think money is really an issue anymore with her.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tiso said:
:werd: I think she's pretty much set for life.

I never really liked the series anyway, I read half the first book and got bored so I stopped, which is saying seomthing because I never do that. I've seen the movies just cuz my friends wanted to see them really...plus things can "overstay their welcome" so to speak, and I think if there are that many more books then it definitly will.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
never been interested in the movie or book... off with his head!

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
She also said she wrote the final chapter for the seventh book in somewhere around 1990.. Which means she WAS prepared for this series to end.

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Slick_99 said:
This is old, shes said that many times, however it might be Neville that dies and saves the day.

Sorry Im a n00bs and read the b00ks and watched the movie.
I think we are alone, homie. ha ha ha, I love em too.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I knew she was rich off of this, but damn, 1 billion :shock:

Who would have known, write a few books about some wizard kid, throw in some gay s**t that would never be possible, and make a billion or so from stupid kids getting obsessed about it after pokemon died out
SCCRules said:
never been interested in the movie or book... off with his head!
:rolf:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
harry potter is rather adult, but you wouldn't know it if you haven't read all the books.

i guess i'm part of the minority. the harry potters are really great books. rowling has created a complicated and detailed world and i think it's just fabulous.

this is old news, though. she does that. hints at s**t. and you always knew there was a possibility that harry would die, especially with the turn the series is taking.

i've seen all the movies, read all the books. i think OotP in it's film form will suck ass, because they royally f**ked up the goblet of fire. that won't stop me from seeing it, but i guess i'm going in expecting disappointment.

i'm not holding my breath on when the last book will be released either. =)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i hope he dies... he's the single worst part of the movies

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My english teacher in high school made us read the first book basically so we could see why everyone was making such a fuss out of it. They arent a challenge to read but I do enjoy them and have read all the books to date. The movies I agree are not the best but oh well.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tiso said:
I never said it was.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the first two books are the worst. the first two movies are more exciting, and follow the books pretty closely. they start leaving s**t out when you hit the prisoner of azkaban. i struggled on the first two pretty badly, but it was after surgery and i didn't have anything else to do. couldn't drive anywhere... so... harry potter. heh.

i'm anxious to see how it ends. i will be kinda pissed if ginny dies. i like hermione too, but she's so much more annoying in the books than she is in the movies. ;)