Rpm don't work with p28

VI_Nation

Hey guys i have a 2000 Honda Civic EX coupe did a auto to manual swap D16y7 with a y8 head everything work fine with the auto ecu. My problem is when i hook up my obd1 to 0bd2b jump harness with the p28 rpm don't work the ecu is good i tried it in my brother car and everything work fine in his car even the rpm work but his car is stock manual. I tried my brother in-law manual ecu and the rpm work with it but it dont work with the p28 need help pls that's the only problem i have Thank You

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Back probe the ECU pin while the P28 is connected and the car is running in your car. See what the signal is and verify it with the Honda service manual.

acrheam

Check engine light? Speed sensor hooked up? In my 99 EX coupe I had a B16A2 and I put a s300 p28 in it and my rpm gauge quit working. I did some research and connected a wire from the drivers side bay to a empty spot near the distributor and it worked again. If you want details on that I can see if I can find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VI_Nation

Check engine light? Speed sensor hooked up? In my 99 EX coupe I had a B16A2 and I put a s300 p28 in it and my rpm gauge quit working. I did some research and connected a wire from the drivers side bay to a empty spot near the distributor and it worked again. If you want details on that I can see if I can find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes pls acrheam thank you

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
rpm is directly connected to the distributor its the solid blue wire thats the rpm wire if that wire is bad or got cut your tack won't work. its not connected to ecu nor does the ecu do any ting with the tack