RPM's

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am a noobie civic driver and i wanted to know how many rpm's should i be going up to for it to be safe for my car, and if i go over that how will it damage my car?
And i am purchasing a black widow 2 for my 92 Civic Hatch, is that a good choice or do you recomend something else?

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, you can't go past the fuel cutoff anyway....... what? 6800rpms in a d-series? if you did go past that number, your bottom end could lose it's balance due to high rotating speed, and you will probably experience valve float and other fun engine breaking events.

ricers get bodykits..... now make your decision

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont go beyond your cars indicated redline. rpm=ruins peoples motors. the higher the rpm, the more stress you put on all the components. depending on which d series you have, the redline is somewhere between 6,000 and 7200.

ricers dont all get bodykits :roll: rice is an attitude, not a mod. there are several very tasteful and good looking body kits out there. dont make blanket statements like "ricers get bodykits", if he wants a body kit, its his car, he can do whatever he pleases with it, as distasteful as you or i may find it.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true...dont push your engine past its indicated limits...especially if its stock. and about body kits, i dont think theyre rice, just be tasteful with it.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car is a Civic VX, i guess they only made it for the 92's, its not a d.
And thanks for the feed back.

OveRBoOSTCiViC

VIETNAMEZE
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well , I got a EX/Vtec/TURBO motor, and I redline at 8500 rpm, MUGEN GSR ECU. Nothing wrong with the motor yet. MY boy DX/VTEC redline at 8500 same setup. ALLstock internal. 2 years of f**kin trying to blow his motor. You'll be fine. NO BODY KIT.. GO JDM FOR YOUR RIDE

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nothing wrong with your motor :?: then how come you posted this 2 days ago
Originally posted by "b16a2allmotor"

Mine use to be the" BLUE BANDIT" until my motor blew..guess she wasnt ready for racing.
heres the link to the thread http://www.clubcivic.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=11713&highlight=#11713

and just because you got away with running too much rpm for your motor doesnt make it a good idea. the r/s ratio of a d16 is about that of an ls motor, and neither the bottom end nor the valvetrain is meant to rev to 8500 rpm. when you push an engine outside the parameters in which it was originally built to run, stuff starts breaking. sooner or later yours, or your buddies engine are going to break.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i have a D15B7 and its got 144,000 miles on it and when i "street race" i go up to about 62, 6400 rpm, but on normal driving i only go to about 4500, and im sure one day it will blow, but you know what they say, when something breaks, its just more reason to make a more powerful, more modded engine =)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "92CivicVX"

My car is a Civic VX, i guess they only made it for the 92's, its not a d.
And thanks for the feed back.
they made the vx from 92-95, and the hx, a simiar motor from 96-00. and yes it is a d, i believe the d15b5? not too sure, but i know that it is a d series.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im pretty sure that the VX model only came out for 92...........