RSX RPMs Jumping

95excivic

5+ Year Member
Hey i think this is a common problem with hondas, but my roommate has a 2002 acura rsx non type S, and right now he is getting that bouncing rpm thing, like it jumps up to like 3 grand and drops and does it over and over anytime his foot his on the clutch or in neutral, i cant rem what it is that could be wrong, but is it the TPS or what do you guys think, because i know at least some people in here have had to experience this once or twice through out your honda lifes, i know alot of my buddys have, i just cant rem what it is off the top of my head, so any help would really be appreciated, the car does have a CAI on it, but the car is at stock ride height so i dont think he would have to worry about getting water in there, even tho it did rain today and he did hit a puddle. his CEL light is on, well let me know guys, thanks

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol...same s**t with my car. Its most likely. an idle code but you know that. I took my to shop to read the senors and codes it came back a idle code. Check the vac. lines. I have done this with my car and *was* running fine, beacuse I resetted teh ecu and the engine light wasn't on and just about 15mins ago the s**t starts back up. Other than that, I don't know what else to tell ya.

marc111

I ♥ My SEDAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mine does the same thing! mine jumps from 1K to 3K all the time!

but my engine light was not on, dont know whats the problem

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coulb be a few things..
if its jumping there might be a vacuum leak..
also could be dirty iacv or bad tps..

marc111

I ♥ My SEDAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blazed said:
coulb be a few things..
if its jumping there might be a vacuum leak..
also could be dirty iacv or bad tps..
my tps was cut in half but the wires are still in place, maybe thats it,

Eg_Tuner

5+ Year Member
I dont understand people some times, if he has a 2002 TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER, let it be there headache not yours