Rubber Duckie Racer Spotted!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Can't remember his user name on here but we've all seen his BA AutoX pics, and I spotted him on I-70. I tried to give him the retard wave but he was hard steady looking forward rocking his avaitors.

And dont act like you didnt see me either ;)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For some reason, I ended up looking up two interstate highways and routes. lmao anyways i've seen him on here somewhere cant remember where though.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's not civexspeedy is it? I know he's into auto-x and is a champion.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's not civexspeedy is it? I know he's into auto-x and is a champion.
Thats him! Thats the guy! He's the Hero! JOE DIRT! JOE DIRT! JOE DIRT!

Wait, wrong movie...

But yea, thats him.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LMAO were you in the white S2K? Sorry I didn't pay attention or anything. I generally don't pay much attention to other modified cars so i hope you don't feel offended. It's bad enough driving a civic with stickers all over it, if I look at someone they tend to want to race me lol. But yeah I was actually heading home from Summit Point Raceway. I was instructing for a track day that was for Military vets and wounded soldiers since it was Veterans day. Got some free track time in my Civic on Jefferson Circuit for it =).

emerican

Registered VIP
s**t around me people see an exhaust in a civic and want to raise you i can only image how it is for you man lol.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
People rev at me and my car is freaking bone stock minus a front lip, lowered, and wheels.

Cool to see CC people seeing other CC people in real life :thumbup:.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ same thing happens to me man lol only thing mine has you can see on the outside is exhaust si replica grill and now blakc housed headlights.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah definitely cool to be spotted. I'm never spotted because I rarely drive this car around and when I do it's either on the weekends to events or just a few miles around town to stretch the cars legs a bit if it's been sitting a while. I guess it was cool driving around with decals on the car for a little while but then it got a little awkward sometimes and unwanted attention (ie: police and race anything on wheels people) isn't great.. I appreciate my low key daily driver more now lol.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well I have a Honda oem SI grill and Honda oem fog lights but I don't consider those parts that scream, "heyy I'm modified!!!!". It's probably my license plate relocator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clgzAtmNOSc

crappy boring video from the track session I got. It was just an open track time for instructors to play with their cars while students were in classroom. Of course all the instructors cars except mine were beastly and blew by me with ease lol. But I was happy to get a point by from a Miata, though I didn't have enough power to make the pass and he didn't let off LOL. 0:28 back end gets loose on me due to ice cold tires. 4:02 get passed by a monster Corvette. Caught up to the Miata around 7:30 and hung with him for about 6 minutes until he pulled off course. The monster Corvette caught up to me again at 12:45 and you can see him riding my ass in my passenger side mirror then I pointed him by. 16:36 a Ferrari 360 Modena passes me, heard he spun out on turn 1 when he first went on track, don't think he stayed out too long.. Just some of the "highlights".

This was my first time out on Jefferson in about 3 years. This time on a more aggressive suspension setup and with better tires and brakes. What I learned: Car is waaay too twitchy for the track, back end wanted to step out all the time. I even straightened out the rear toe the day before. I have a strong feeling I would have spun if I left the alignment the way it was setup for autox... The Hawk HP+ are significantly better than the HPS, no brake fade at all. With my slightly more powerful motor, the brakes, the tires and the suspension, I gained about 12 more MPH on the back straight away, hit about 92mph. But at around 85+ the car starts "floating", need more aero.. And I know there was probably a couple more MPH in the car but with how twitchy it was, I just didn't want to push it for no reason..

I won a free HPDE from WDCR-SCCA for next year so I hope to get some good track time on Shenandoah. I miiight have to disconnect my rear swaybar to keep the car a little more stable for it lol. Though I think the car will be much better suited for that course.

The Ferrari and my car in the back

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LMAO were you in the white S2K? Sorry I didn't pay attention or anything. I generally don't pay much attention to other modified cars so i hope you don't feel offended. It's bad enough driving a civic with stickers all over it, if I look at someone they tend to want to race me lol.
All i wanted to do is wave hi :(

emerican

Registered VIP
i dont consider the real mods either john, but thats all i have on the ouside at all lol and people love trying to race me in my town.