RUST over my rear wheels right over the bumber!!!

t3chnikal

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi everyone im a new member!
I Know theres a peice i can take out to stop the rust from growing right over my bumber's corners , but i dont know wich peice it is
The rust is alrdy bad enough im goin to fix it but if you guys can help me out it would be great , thnx!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcolme to the club

unfortunately, i dont know what the hell your talkin about...sorry i cant help u

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're talking about the rear of the quarter panels, the only way to fix it completely is new quarters

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would say wrong forum........ and i doubt there is a "piece" that is going to prevent rust accumulation..... try spraying some wd-40 in the area

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe you're talking about those "mud-gaurd" things and that you don't have them? i have them on mine and dont plan to take them off, even though most people do

t3chnikal

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya im talking about the real quarter panels , just couldnt find the right name for that part
i probably heard wrong .. some one told me i could take otu a peice and itll stop the accumulation of dirt in the winter..
im gettn them fixed tho they arent that bad ... YET
well thnx alot guys=)

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im thinking this happens a lot because two of my friends have rust in the same spot...thats odd

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by CiviKid
im thinking this happens a lot because two of my friends have rust in the same spot...thats odd
Rust in the rear quarter panels is a very common thing for people who drive their cars in areas that it snows a lot. All the crap that is put on the roads in the winter is kicked up by your tires and starts to eat away at the paint in the area and oxidizes the metal.

t3chnikal

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya turbo is right
civics have this problem here in montreal
repairing it at a body shop dealer isnt even guarantee cus they know itll rust again
yes CRAP!

kgbhx44

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I removed the factory rubber lining from the rear quarter panels. I couldn't believe how much dirt and grime had accumulated in such a small space. It's no wonder this spot is so prone to rust. I bought my Civic in January of 03' , took off the lining immediately and cleaned the enitre area.

DOHCDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as mentioned before, you can try to weld in new metal, but it WILL rust eventually. if you drive it in the snow at all, you will have to get new quarters put in.