S2000 engine swap?

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone ever heard or even thought about using the S2000 engine in a civic? Also, is it actually a possibility or would it not be able to be used with RSX-S trans seeing as the S2000 setup is RWD? Would be sweet to have a 240 horse 4 in my civic and six speed trans!! :shock: :worthy: :drive: What do you guys think? Am I insane or what?

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh lord no! the body modifications alone would be a pain in the ass!!

there was a guy that cam into our shop and asked if we could do a S2K motor into his '94 Accord.... John just looked at him and said "ummmm....no"

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ur insane....that would be a lot of work to put the engine in, swap a 5 speed for a 6 speed, and do a front to rear wheel conversion....mucho $$. and in the end, u still wouldnt be as fast as an s2k. but it would still be sweet to see someone with the time, money and energy to do it if possible

PANGES

Tree > Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's jus like signal auto when they did the nsx swap in a civic

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've seen an S2000 swap in a Treuno, it was sweeeet!!!!!! Even had the S2k gauges :D

PANGES

Tree > Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hooked_on4 said:
I've seen an S2000 swap in a Treuno, it was sweeeet!!!!!! Even had the S2k gauges :D
ya, i saw that too, club4ag right? or somthing like that

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why do posts like these keep coming up? its amazing.

yes it can be done. no you shouldnt look into doing it. it will cost way to much for almost everyone on this site to even dream of doing.

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i figured as much, that's why I was just throwing it out there to see what people thought LOL!

P0gKai

B20VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ i thought about it, then then again it's pretty much pointless.

lj17

vsmc #7 cccc #169
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, how many times is this going to come up? like everyone else said, it can be done if you want to custom fab your car for the rest of your life, but you are better off just buying a 2000 if you want the performance. :roll:

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PANGES said:
ya, i saw that too, club4ag right? or somthing like that
actually its featured in "Roaring Vtec" Bestmotoring video,

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hooked_on4 said:
actually its featured in "Roaring Vtec" Bestmotoring video,
i have that video too... pretty sick s**t!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Redbone said:
Anyone ever heard or even thought about using the S2000 engine in a civic? Also, is it actually a possibility or would it not be able to be used with RSX-S trans seeing as the S2000 setup is RWD? Would be sweet to have a 240 horse 4 in my civic and six speed trans!! :shock: :worthy: :drive: What do you guys think? Am I insane or what?
dude...no

Next i suspose someone will put a C32 from a NSX into a V6 Accord. So what is that about... 290 hp into an accord. Now that;s insane. :what:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Zak8022 said:
why do posts like these keep coming up? its amazing.

yes it can be done. no you shouldnt look into doing it. it will cost way to much for almost everyone on this site to even dream of doing.
your right, especially in the last week this has been asked abou t10 times and needs to stop, we all know the answer and can't continue to answere the same damn question over and over, it's getting old.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
your right, especially in the last week this has been asked abou t10 times and needs to stop, we all know the answer and can't continue to answere the same damn question over and over, it's getting old.

welcome to my world... and everyone wonders why i get pissed when someone doesnt like it when i tell them to do a search...

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol... its all good. there's always gonna be newbs... and half of them will never even find the search button... or the newbie section... oh well.... such is life.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seems like youve been thinking this through. Measure an S2000 engine. That bastard is probably wider then your d series with the trans. There is a reason the hood is so damn long. Just get a K series if you want to be different.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good luck with your RWD Mr. Papadakis

Poseidon13

I know it's 11 year old topic but better late then never.

My friend swapped an S2000 inside his civic 8th gen and he paid for everything; Engine, tranny and installation 3k. He said the shop he went to did it in 1 day and eventually he crashed the car after driving too fast in highway 70km/h -.- anyways... it's possible, it depend if you're ready to pay for it.

Last edited: