S300/ECU problem

ZeroMech63

Problem: Car wont stay running...
Long story short... 385whp 268wtq @14lbs until 2 mornings ago. Wifes battery died, so i connect to jumper wires to our cars (no i didnt cross em or connect em to wrong terminal). My cars was off at the begining. Her car still wouldnt start so i decided to start mine. Once i did that 20secs after the rpms dropped n almost turned car off then bounced bak up n went bak to normal. Started her car then a few seconds later my car dies and wont start. Still hasnt since that morning

Troubleshooting:
Checked fuses-all good
Checked to see if its getting fuel- all good
The car turns on for like 2-5secs then dies so i guessed its deff gettin spark if its starting n running for a few
---Called CFT and Rolo(owner) told me to check n see what the lights on the S300 do. The once towards the center of the ECU stays green and the one by the port stays red. Tried calling bak to tell him but couldnt get bak in contact with him.

---Checked for CEL codes and got 1 long one and then 1 fast one. Friend told me long flash means O2A - Oxygen sensor #1 and short one means IAT - intake air temperature sensor. WTF? im boosted w/wideband

---Called hondata and they said to try the ecu on another vehicle. If it works will that mean the ECU is good? the S300?or if both are good???????????? If i put it on another vehicle it means itll erase my tune... Will my car b ok if i put a factory tune bak on it?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
why would it erase the tune? The car you stick it in wont run correctly but you should not lose the tune

ZeroMech63

Hondata said when I try me ecu on another vehicle to upload the stock calibrations from that precise motor...aka erasing mine. Then once I get the ecu fixed or the s300 to get my tuner to send me the original calibrarions(my tune) so I can upload it bak on the ecu. Problem is I still haven't gotten a chance to try my ecu on anyone's car so I'm still stuck carless... That what I get for tryin to help the wife out...

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what you can do is download the info from your ecu via the usb onto a laptop. Save the file as your current tune then upload a stock map on the ecu and try it on the other car. Then just reload your tune back on the ecu and plug it back into your car.

5+ Year Member
i know that this is an older post but i hope this will help someone else and post up their finding.s

the s300 issue have begin to show from many users. i too have issues with mine. it looks like it will radomly change maping. i noticed it when my afr will just change from 14.6-15.8 to 10.5-11.6 afr. when dirving at the same curve on the amp.

at the moment hondata is saying that there are fake s300 units out there if its fake your out of luck. but if you have a defective unit then they want $250 to replace the current s300 with a version 2.

this ploy is to get people to either spend more and/or get try to get people to submit their fake units to honda. once they have a fake unit from you, you will loose that unit and all your money that is invested it as they will then destroy that fake unit and you get nothing back.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
i know that this is an older post but i hope this will help someone else and post up their finding.s

the s300 issue have begin to show from many users. i too have issues with mine. it looks like it will radomly change maping. i noticed it when my afr will just change from 14.6-15.8 to 10.5-11.6 afr. when dirving at the same curve on the amp.

at the moment hondata is saying that there are fake s300 units out there if its fake your out of luck. but if you have a defective unit then they want $250 to replace the current s300 with a version 2.

this ploy is to get people to either spend more and/or get try to get people to submit their fake units to honda. once they have a fake unit from you, you will loose that unit and all your money that is invested it as they will then destroy that fake unit and you get nothing back.
Guess people should be smarter consumers then right?