safe subz

nigizy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a problom two or three weeks ago some fools broke into my car. they were trying to steal my subz. but they could not get to them cuz my trunk release has a lock on it so they were not able to get them. my question is this; if they find a way to open my trunk is ther some way that i can like lock the subz in the truck or make it a lot harder for them to get them out?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
uhhh...this is definitely the wrong forum to post this in.. and for your question... you could always take the "subz" (i think it is spelled subs) inside with you every night... ;-)

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually, if you don't care about trunk space...you could make a huge ass custom box that takes up most of(if not all) the space in the trunk so they would not be able to take the box out =)

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "M706"

actually, if you don't care about trunk space...you could make a huge ass custom box that takes up most of(if not all) the space in the trunk so they would not be able to take the box out =)
you have to make those? cant you go somewhere and pay someone to do it for you? like a car stereo shop

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea a good shop would be able to make you one, but its gonna cost you big time. a well made custom box could easily cost you well over $500, and the shop that i work at has done a few over $1000 custom installations.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "abej6"

uhhh...this is definitely the wrong forum to post this in.. and for your question... you could always take the "subz" (i think it is spelled subs) inside with you every night... ;-)
sure, every night he's gonna unplug his subs and take them in lol :rolf:

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol yeah i actually think the big box is a good idea, my friend has a neon, and you seriously need a prybar to get the box out....now another thing you can do is take the subs out of the box, and then bolt the box down to the trunk floor, then put the subs back in....this way they will be confused has to how its bolted down.

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bio is right the best way i know to secure your subs in you car is to take out the subs and place bolts through the box into the base of the car then place caulk around the bolts then put your subs back in with weird shaped bolts that way they will have a harder time taking them out.

remember most theives walk around with regular tool screw drivers flat and cross, maybe some wire cutters, and some sockets.

an ounce of prevention will save you a pound of work later.. use common sense when bumping your stereo. they broke into your car cause they knew what you had in you car..

hope you keep you hard earned work.. theives suck

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if a theif wants your stuff bad enough, he'll take it. you can have the biggest box, bolted in, with alarms up the yin yang and you still could get ripped off.

nigizy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for all the ideas i think i might bolt the box down from in side the box thanks

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont hit the gas tank

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where i live crime is really bad.....so what i did was parked my car in front of my garage and ran an electrical cord to my trunk from a wall outlet...atttached it to two metal brackets on my sub box and amp.....put it this way....i put a man into cardiac arrest and was in the hospital for 4 weeks as he was trying to steal my stuff......I dont play around....mess with me and ill kill you =)

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn fool thats hardcore.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "CiviKid"

where i live crime is really bad.....so what i did was parked my car in front of my garage and ran an electrical cord to my trunk from a wall outlet...atttached it to two metal brackets on my sub box and amp.....put it this way....i put a man into cardiac arrest and was in the hospital for 4 weeks as he was trying to steal my stuff......I dont play around....mess with me and ill kill you =)
thats what that mo fo gets

Eric B.

Banned
bolt them in or find a state or 3rd world country that still sells auto tazer alarms their illegal but effective.