SCKAPE's Civic EG - track car build!

SCKAPE

5+ Year Member
Some fresh 2017 Pictures:

Accidentally started the build thread in the wrong place ;) :roll:
If anyone wants to see what was happening from the beginning.. All is here (some pics, vidios & dyno graphs as well):

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=221879

From now on I will continue here :twisted:

So...
Last night I finished stitch welding in the inside wherever it was possible..
That may not looks brilliant, but on the end of day im not a welder..

And fix the rear part of the rolling cage, still need a bit more welding, but at list is in! :D

Last edited:

SCKAPE

5+ Year Member
Some time ago I bought AP coilovers, a German production, I think is not well known in the US, any way i found a lot of good opinions about AP. Specialy for track use.

Today mounted the front ones:

Also replaced my front brakes (240's) with 262 ones :D

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No... maybe in future..
Don't know anyone who wouldn't run a cross bar on the main hoop... I know you're not in the states so I have no idea what your track inspections are like, but you roll bar probably would not pass most inspections here without that cross bar.. It is very important.

Some time ago I bought AP coilovers, a German production, I think is not well known in the US, any way i found a lot of good opinions about AP. Specialy for track use.

I've never heard of AP coilovers but looking at the springs I can tell you already they are not ideal for track use. Those springs are wound to have a progressive spring rate which is not what you want for a track car. You want to have a linear spring rate.

SCKAPE

5+ Year Member
well.. in Europe we have different stages of cages, depending on the class racing and that one fit just right for what i want to do.
About the coilovers... - maybe you're right.. im new in this businesses, I chose what people recommended - any way I believe
that's better choice than the standard ones.

SCKAPE

5+ Year Member
Sorted the rear coilivers last weekend..

And i get new air filter for the new set up of my D13 ;)

SCKAPE

5+ Year Member
Building that car for hill climbing in 1400cc modified class. The plan was start some events this year but it looks like i already miss that... Any way is almost ready so i hope next year ill be busy ;)

SCKAPE

5+ Year Member
I modified a little bit and fitted a bit bigger throttle body from B16. My was 56mm, now is 60mm (15% bigger :D )

Also accelerated ignition (2'') and sort out few other bits and bobs...

And today I won drag with civic type r II :D

SCKAPE

5+ Year Member
Small update...
New master cylinder 15/16 (was 13/16)

And finally get rid of drums + replaced bushes with power suspension ones + repaint calipers (same color as my shell)

SCKAPE

5+ Year Member
Been awhile since I have done something.. :(
Had problem with fogged windscreen after removing my heater matrix, and to be honest, last time I drove her on dyno meet few months ago.. :(

But now I decided to sort out all issues...

At first I have done small service:

And then build my own lightweight (less then 1kg) ''dehumidifier'' for the windscreen :D