Selling my 03 Civic, looking for a suggested asking price

varmint

Hi, I’ll be selling my 2003 Civic locally, and I’m unsure what a fair price for it would be. I purchased a 2003 Civic Sedan DX (with AC) about 2.5 years ago for $3000 with ~230,000 kms and alloy rims that had recently had the water pump/timing belt replaced. It now has just under 272,000kms and is leaking a bit of coolant whenever I drive it so it will require some additional maintenance. There is some rust on the body, only around the rear passenger wheel well, but otherwise it’s in decent shape.
photo 2.JPG
photo 1-2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
My girlfriend backed into a concrete pillar with it and tore the driver’s side front panel / bumper off, had that repaired. Just primer.

I know it’s hard to judge what you would pay for a vehicle without driving it or examining it up close, but based on the little info I’ve given, Im looking for a suggested asking price-range. Any advice would be helpful.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$1000-$1500 based on condition and high mileage. If I were buying, I wouldn't offer more than $1000 to be honest.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lethal6, keep in mind his mileage translates to 169,000 miles.

If you have a simple coolant leak at a hose, then you should spend the few dollars it costs to change it. Now if you have not identified a specific leak and are loosing coolant then that engine may have a head gasket leak, which is a major issue, and wont be worth more than a few hundred to someone mechanically inclined that will take that risk to change it themselves. Being that you're in another country, I dont think we'll be able to give you an accurate estimate as Civics value can vary a bit depending on the area. In the U.S., one can have a good 30% value difference just depending on the demand, or lack thereof, in a given area.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
$1000-$1500 based on condition and high mileage. If I were buying, I wouldn't offer more than $1000 to be honest.
Lethal6, keep in mind his mileage translates to 169,000 miles.

If you have a simple coolant leak at a hose, then you should spend the few dollars it costs to change it. Now if you have not identified a specific leak and are loosing coolant then that engine may have a head gasket leak, which is a major issue, and wont be worth more than a few hundred to someone mechanically inclined that will take that risk to change it themselves. Being that you're in another country, I dont think we'll be able to give you an accurate estimate as Civics value can vary a bit depending on the area. In the U.S., one can have a good 30% value difference just depending on the demand, or lack thereof, in a given area.
If it were in my hood, 900 bucks. 1000 if you smoking that good s**t.

anthonyelectric

I just bought a '01 with a "coolant problem". Car started and runs fine 216,000 miles. I get it to my house, fill the radiator w water, then notice water right below the radiator....
WHY DON'T people just fix simple already diagnosed things like this and make some more money on the sale? I bought this car for $400!!!!!!

anthonyelectric

Being that you're in another country, I dont think we'll be able to give you an accurate estimate as Civics value can vary a bit depending on the area. In the U.S., one can have a good 30% value difference just depending on the demand, or lack thereof, in a given area.

Damn right, its CIVIC TOWN in my neighborhood. Neighbors have multiple gen 4/5s everywhere. I'm just waiting for tax refund season, I'll have both my civics sorted by then.