Serious Half Shaft Issues! PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!

deadstockkid

Hey guys,

Im new to this forum, but have owned an EG civic for 3 years now. I just recently had an overhaul on the car: New Upper and Lower Ball Joints and Inner and outer Tie rods for the front, followed by a new half shaft, brakes and rotors...I found out yesterday that the rotors i had ordered were incorrect, so i went back to the local autozone to find out which ones worked. Come to find out, the brakes were ABS although i thought the car wasnt abs. I called my mechanic while at the shop and asked him if the new half shaft looked any different from the old one, he "said" no. As soon as the car got off the jacks and i drove it around, i heard knocking from the new shaft...but gave him the benefit of a doubt that it was right. Today while i was driving a friend home, I felt a thump and started noticing that the new half shaft was not working anymore and was grinding. Im wondering if the part that he had put on was the wrong one (if possible) and what the consequences could be for something like this. Please help me out, I'm in a sh!tty situation right now....thank you!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have the guy that put it in fix it. Obviously there is something wrong. Not much we can do from our end, unfortunately.