Service Disaster - $738 Digital Clock

Jerry G

The digital display on my 2012 Civic dimmed to the point where it was unreadable. The service advisor said it could be fixed for about $700. Apparently, there are 2 parts. A speedometer and a clock. They fixed the clock for $738 (breaking the trim in the process) but not the speedometer. I said I wanted the speedometer and the trim fixed. They said they could do it for more money. They said they ordered the parts (6 weeks ago) but now they're saying the speedometer part is on back-order and don't know when they will get it. I said I wasn't comfortable driving the car without a speedometer. That it was almost impossible to see in the daytime and absolutely impossible with sunglasses on. The service advisor said "well don't wear sunglasses". :(
Did I get ripped off??

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The digital display on my 2012 Civic dimmed to the point where it was unreadable. The service advisor said it could be fixed for about $700. Apparently, there are 2 parts. A speedometer and a clock. They fixed the clock for $738 (breaking the trim in the process) but not the speedometer. I said I wanted the speedometer and the trim fixed. They said they could do it for more money. They said they ordered the parts (6 weeks ago) but now they're saying the speedometer part is on back-order and don't know when they will get it. I said I wasn't comfortable driving the car without a speedometer. That it was almost impossible to see in the daytime and absolutely impossible with sunglasses on. The service advisor said "well don't wear sunglasses". :(
Did I get ripped off??
You need to get the manager of the dealership involved, sounds like you are getting bullshitted. Video/audio record all your interactions moving forward as this is a law suit in the making.