Shaving the whole car project.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So my car is a disaster, its soo choppy and un-even. Soo much is going on with it. The bumpers and sideskirts dont line up right, there is chips in the fiberglass. Dents in the doors. paints dont match correctly and the paint is really scratched and faded. THe side skirts are wavy and dont line up right.

So i was thinking about this....I was going to fiberglass the front, rear and sideskirts to the body, get rid of those lines, shave the side mouldings, and maybe, just maybe do somthing that nobody has done before, convert the 4 doors, into 2.

Its a Black 1996 civic ex, black 4dr, with a BC2 bumper and m3 side skirts. It doesnt look ricy, and im not going for that kinda look. No chrome or fancy tail lights/or wings. But i dont like all the lines and dents and choppy cheap look.

heres the thing, i dont have access to a welder, so can i just use some kinda fiberglass to bond everything togeather? say use for the side mouldings a fiberglass cloth, and maybe 20 layers of fiberglass and some bondo? will this hold up? i was thinking fiberglassing the bumpers too as well as the sideskirts. I want to attach the sideskirts to the fenders and smooth that out. What would be Ideal would fiberglass the rear doors to the body, get rid of the door rear door handles, and give it the 2 door look, that way it will be smooth. I dont even have rear seats.

Would welding be the only way? i do not have any welding experience and all welding shops wanna charge like 500 for any kinda body welding like that.

Im also looking at doing this because the paint is starting to bubble around the rear fenders and other parts, rust is starting to show up.

I was going do the body work, then the $50 paint job. The bumpers need to be repainted anyway because they are chipped, cracked and 1/2 the paint is already gone.

I fiberglassed the sideskirts my self with just body filler, and it came out pretty good, but its still wavy, some more body will fix that. And im pretty sure i can work with fiberglass well, just need to know if it will hold up. thanks and i will get pictures and photoshops up of what im talking about.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont use bondo to connect anything, dont use bondo to fill the side moldongs, reason? bondo cracks when piled high. use fiberglass cloth and resighn to connect bumpers sides skirts whatever. and a welder will be needed. if you dont have one you either gotta fork out the 5bills or expand your phone book if you know what i mean. and all the stuff you are talking bout has been done and i really dont like it, i don like body kits nor shaven doors or other body parts. my stomach hurts after reading this thread BUT im happy to help ;)

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ouch, not going to do somthing like that car, but i just wanna get rid of some of the lines, and un-evenness....i think ill skip effing around with the 4 door to 2 door conversion....maybe just the rear bumper and maybe side mouldings.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got any pix of your car?

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that sounds like a huge project, especially for somone with no experience

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes, yes indeed, but im only going to do things that dont require welding, so i have down graded to fixing dents, and maybe molding the rear bumper to the body, and possibly shaving the rear license plate and holes, along with the antenna. What i really wanna get rid of is that stupid chrome window trim the 4 doors have, its SOO ugly and keeps falling off, in fact im missing like 2 pieces which make my car look like s**t, and honda wants 100 for them, cant find them ANYWHERE either. i just want a smoother looking car, right now it looks like doo.

krazyblonde

Banned
but that could have been just bc it was an accord... who knows... but it didnt look good and it wasnt very fuctional because it was pretty much impossible to get in the back seat

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
krazyblonde said:
ummm the 2- 4 doors has been done... a friend of mine did it to his accord... kewl idea but... umm yuck
krazyblonde said:
but that could have been just bc it was an accord... who knows... but it didnt look good and it wasnt very fuctional because it was pretty much impossible to get in the back seat
do you know how to edit your posts?

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont have back seats, my who rear is filled with a custom sub enclosure, so i dont even need rear doors, did he weld the doors? i assume so. Its not what im going to do, but i really like the idea, make it seem like the car is all one piece, and thats is NOT what my car looks like now.

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dood if you hate your car soo much just get another one

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
those are all the bodylines of a corolla though..

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
no its not
ShinsenTuner said:
those are all the bodylines of a corolla though..
Dood, that is sooo an EK. You can buy that conversion on Ebay.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
definitely not a civic

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

See the difference?

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont see the difference, both those cars are corollas

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have been thinkin about shaving the sides of mine. but I dn't want to do anything that anyone will be able to notice right off. I don't really want it to look shaved. lol. and when you shave the sides, do you take off the trim, or just fill around it? what is fiberglass cloth?