Shoud I get....?

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have to buy new tires so I figured I might as well get rims and bigger tires to fit them. I want to go with 17" because I heard that they are a pretty good size. I like how the look as well.

I plan on getting the Konig Absolute's. I think those rims are sweet.

Anyway, my question is what tires should I get? I've heard that Falken, Toyo and Nitto are all good. What are all your opinions???

Thanks

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NITTO ALL THE WAY BABY

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, no........ get the falkens....... :lol:

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get you get nitto dont get nittor 450s, they suck. i dont know if it rains a lot over there but if it doesnt falken azenis are great tires. very sticky and grippy. potenza are great tires too. some good for the buck would be kumho tires which you can get on tirerack.com.

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to buy from Discout tire, because they are one of the only local places I can get the rims I want where I live. Like I stated I'm getting the Konig Absolute rims. I wan them in 17", however the only tires they supposedly have online that will fit my car tire size in 17" are Kumho Ecsta 711. If I go wth 18" rims I can get Nitto, but they are Nitto NT 450 Extreme Performance. Anyone else know of a good place to get rims or tires that might be a local option, but is also online???

Thanks for the replies, btw.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
don't get the kumho 711s...... they're trash. believe me

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

don't get the kumho 711s...... they're trash. believe me
whats wrong with kumho 711's....... explain why they are trash? :(

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From my experience at the shop, Falken seems to be the way to go. They're decently priced (i think, but i get a discount, ha) they feel like magic, and they don't wear pre-maturely. Also their rim protection seems to do what it's supposed to do. And if you ask most people who've had Falkens, they'll say get them. I say you won't be disappointed.

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Which Falken Tires would you recommend?? Where I live there is almost never any rain, however, I will be moving to San Antonio before the year is up and it does rain there, so I don't want to get Summer only tires. They need to be All Season.

I've been thinking about the Bridgestone Potenza 950's. They look like pretty good tires and I know they will work well in the rain (supposedly).

I've been having second thoughts about the Konig Absolut wheels. Anyone have another suggestion. I don't really want a wheel with much more than 7 spokes and it has to be either an Opal or dark silver finish, not gold or another specific color.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nitto NT-555 - i don't know if they have them in the size you need, but they kick ass!
btw i have:
kumho ecsta supra 712's up front (245-45-17) &
Nitto NT-555R in the rear (275-40-17)
and i love them both. The kumhos have great wear and are a good tire for the price (cheap). The nitto's are just sticky as f**k.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I use the Falken Ziex 512's. They're a really nice all-season performance tire. I wanted an all season too cuz I live in Vancouver. Lot's of rain, snow and heat here. There's also the Ziex 502's but I've only used the 512s and the Azenis

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "abej6"

whats wrong with kumho 711's....... explain why they are trash? :(
i'm using them currently...... they do have awesome wear characteristics, but my camber is off, so mine are excessively worn anyway............. the reason i think they are trash is because they have mediocre dry weather traction and very poor wet-weather traction......... there are plenty of tires i should've gotten that would hold the road better than these damn things.

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks Caddy. I've been looking at the Falken Ziex 502's. They look really slick. So do the Ziex 512's. Well, I've decided to go with either the Falken Ziex or the Bridgestone Potenza's. I'm thinking about getting the OZ Racing Chrono Evolution Rims as well. 8)

Thank you everyone for your input. It was helpful.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "tokyo"

Thanks Caddy. I've been looking at the Falken Ziex 502's. They look really slick. So do the Ziex 512's. Well, I've decided to go with either the Falken Ziex or the Bridgestone Potenza's. I'm thinking about getting the OZ Racing Chrono Evolution Rims as well. 8)

Thank you everyone for your input. It was helpful.
:thumbs up:

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
caddy do u gagrage ur car in the winter cuz van. can get pretty cold and snow but not as snowy as up here we get like 30' in total all year

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No there's not enough snow here to garage my car. we get maybe a couple weeks of snow. It's nothing like the interior here.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oic cuz we have hardly any nice import up here in my small town except a few Si's w/ exhaust and tints a b26000 mazda truck lowrider and a eg hatch that is so ugly it isnt funnny.yellow and dark blue dont mix

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been talking around. If you decide to go for the Falkens, DO NOT go for the 502 ziex. Go for the 512's which are the superior all season. From what I hear, the 512's were made to fix the problems and complaints that came along with the 502s (such as wet traction and wear). Anyone else have some input on the 502s?

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha that's a complaint? weak.

im not really sure on the performance wise of the 502 but i know my azenis sucks at both wet traction and wear, but who cares when you live in cali where it dont rain much and is sticky as.... well you get the idea.