Should I buy a new civic?

Rogerlevy

HI,

I have a 2015 civic lx manual with 76k miles on it(30k+ miles are highway miles). The car is perfect, no problems at all. I live in Massachusetts and winter here is hard, lots of snow and with comes the salt. The car is a but rusty, specially the rear brakes and exhaust pipe and that is concerning me. I don't know if I should get something newer or stay with this great car.

I went to a Honda dealer and they offered me U$9k for my car if I trade it for a 2017 civic hatchback EX with 30k miles on it. The car look awesome, no questions there but the CVT transmission concerns me, also I have to pay U$10k o the difference.

What do you guys think? Worth the update or should I stay with this one?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's pretty sad that it's only 4 model years old and not even 80k miles and you're worried about it already.
The brakes and exhaust will develop rust in the NE, that's just a given and not something I would be worried about, nor would it send me to think I need a new car, that's ridiculous.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With your train of thought, have you considered moving out of New England altogether?
Yea right...
dealing with and expecting corrosion on cars is just part of living and driving a vehicle through all seasons in the North East.