Should I pick up the Black and Tan?

Should I go look at it and possibly pick it up?

• If you like it, go for it!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Think again dumbass

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Eh I dont care...

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some of you know I've been looking for a project car for a while now.... I narrowed down the list of potential cars to a semi-rare imported classic convertable... more specifically a 78-79 Fiat 124, or a 73-74 MGB

I finally found a 79 Fiat sort of local (2hrs away)
Black with Tan leather interior
Pics:

What I know about it so far:

I have to sell my baby. She's a 1979 Fiat 124 2000 Pininfarina spider. The same Pininfarina that designed so many beautiful Ferrari's, and Fiat owns Ferrari so it's pretty much just a baby Ferrari. Black with tan leather. I'm selling it because the clutch went out along with the water pump and the sub-frame needs a weld job. Over all the car is very straight with a smooth engine and can handle the curves very well. There's nothing better then racing down a backroad at night in her. I put in about $2000 over the past year and half I had her. New brakes, battery connectors and tones of other new parts.
Asking 1,000 but taking offers... Reason for selling, loss of indoor storage

Seems to be in decent shape... starts and runs, but needs that clutch.. 79 was the last year they came carb'ed, from what I've been looking at I gotta say the Pininfarina is at the top of my list...

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Think again dumbass....:laugh:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know about the reliability issues are with that particular model, because I know some of them are not the greatest, but if it runs good I would pick it up because it looks great. That car would be a blast IMO

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fair enough, keep in mind its going to be a PROJECT, starting off with some resto/body work... then motor, interior audio...

Im not too sure the reliabity issues either... I just know i dont want to mess with the accord... and use whatever i pick up to be a project/summer car and keep the accord as teh DD

Last edited:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could you see marc now...cruzin in a fiat? i cant srry dude. not my cup of tea. but its your money..and you do what you want with it. but if you buy it you gotta rock it at the meets and stuff! lol

i mean..lets face it...you already own a grandma car...you said so yourself.
might aswell pick up the grandpa car to go with it.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
lets see... they're slow, noisey, uncomfortable, get not-so-good gas mileage concidering it's crappy performance, handles like dog doo...... notoriously unreliable and expensive to fix.....

really dude, you'd be better off getting a convertable k-car :lol:

those are JUNK.... but if all you're looking for a is a "cute" car and dont care about anything else... it's the car for you

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think it would be a sick project car. if that is what you want to do man, then by all means go on ahead and do it. its all up 2 you mang.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Baby Ferrari? hardly....i don't think it's worth the effort. But it's your money....

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm coming from the persepctive of being a previous Fiat owner (1982 X1/9)

How do you like to do wiring? Cuz you're gonna need it. The car will be fun and full of personality but damnit it's REALLY going to be a project car. Unless you're ready to research the car HEAVILY and be willing to spend months looking for ONE DAMN PART. If this describes you, buy it.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, and i thought this was a thread about yuengling.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the input guys, Im probably going up to look at it the 8th and see if I can pick it up for 500-750... Im fully aware its gonna be a pain to find parts and all, but I think it will be a rewarding project when its done... I figure with work and school it should take about 3 years to finish... I feel that spending money on it is better than pouring the money into my accord just cause its a different kind of car, ya know? I know theres gonna be a lot of wiring and other issues, but Im ready to tackle those. I've already begun researching the crap outta the 124's and MGBs... I was close to buying an 74 MGB this past fall, but the body was in far too poor shape...

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's worth more than $1000 as it sits. Get it NOW!

I bought an old Alfa Romeo Spider several years ago that had a bad engine. (broken ring land on #3 piston and cylinder gouged all to hell.) I made money just selling the working Spica fuel injection and rear end.

In retrospect I wish I'd have kept it because I could have gotten a short block and made a lot more money if not just kept one of the most beautiful sounding 4 cyls ever.

And no to the MGB....that's just because I'm biased towards Triumphs. :laugh:

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
went to check it out today... its a beautiful car given the age, minimal body work, little rust (not much) starts right up, runs smooth... interior needs next to nothing, all original stuff... the guy said he needs the space and will take 500 for it... i gotta run it by the rents, and get a little more cash... but i think i might do it...

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t man if I had $500 laying around I'd buy it.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
see if you cant swap a small block in there, then it would be a fun car =)

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you don't ruin an Italian car with a small block. The most that should ever be put under that hood is a modern Fiat V6 and even then it wouldn't have the soul that it does now.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gl Marc, hope the parentals approve.... and btw... BRING MORE ROMAN CANDLES NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!