Si (Canadian)/ EX (US) Vtec engine question.

Hondaman4ever

So, just purchased my first 7th gen Civic after not being able to find another good 6th gen. It's an '03 LX with only 160,000 KMs (100,000 miles). Paid a low price for it and I'm tempted to sell it and hopefully make a little money to use for buying '04 or '05 Civic Si Sedan (or I guess EX in the US) with the Vtec engine. I'm just wondering if it's a good idea. I know these Vtecs aren't the same ones they use in the sporty 2-dr Si but I thought a little extra torque and HP won't hurt.

So, are these engines any better than the non-Vtec ones? Are they reliable or am I asking for more things to go wrong? Oh, and I read the fuel economy is just as good with the Vtec engine despite the little extra power.

Also, I read somewhere that the '04/'05 Civics have different suspension than the older 7th gen. Is that the case, and are they any better?I don't like how the one I have now handles although I read somewhere that some '03 actually have the same suspension as the '04/5s.

I find the '04-'05 Civic headlights much nicer looking than the older ones. Almost like those on the Lexus IS300, which is another reason I'm thinking about upgrading.

Any thoughts/advice ?

Thanks.