si lip

zubs247

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hi i just bought a OEM si lip on ebay for a great price and its in great condition. the guy i bought them from didnt send any bolts or how to install it. a little guide from anyone would be helpful and what kind of bolts/nuts and sizes i need to buy. thanks

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok... so we got two bolts and drilled holes on the bottom of the lip, and then attached the lip with two nuts....

and on the sides... drilled two holes and used a screw and another bolt w/nut on each side... it should be virtually unstealable.... or at least it would take some time.....

zubs247

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have an OEM grill. i have about 8 bolts but no nuts. i need the nuts right? then i dont get it how to attach it to the bumper do i gotta take off the bumber to put it on??? im lost plz help

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to mount the grill you just need the five pop-bolts that mount it to the upper crossmember......... you don't really need the screws

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
yeah, i dont use the screws that hold the grill to the bumper. I say you just take your bumper off to fit your grill and lip on.it makes it alot easier when the bumper is off.

sean360

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just installed a type R lip and i used doubble sidded tape where it touches your bumper, it helps keep it in place too

VigLink badge