Si Swap

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No. 96-98 front ends are different than the 99-00.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
could i take the bulbs and wiring out of the 97 hatch headlights and put them in the 99 headlights.
....i have my original headlights with no bulbs

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All 96-00 Civic's use the same bulbs. You don't need to swap the wiring. You can just buy a new H4 bulb at Advanced Auto.

You'd have to swap bumper,fenders, and a hood for the headlights to fit.
I'm pretty sure you also have to either modify the 96-98 radiator support or install the 99-00 radiator support.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could i take the bulbs and wiring out of the 97 hatch headlights and put them in the 99 headlights.
Did you NOT read what was posted just above your reply?

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All 96-00 Civic's use the same bulbs. You don't need to swap the wiring. You can just buy a new H4 bulb at Advanced Auto.

I'm pretty sure you also have to either modify the 96-98 radiator support or install the 99-00 radiator support.
Did you NOT read what was posted just above your reply?
Reading > you.

At first he was talking about the headlight housing. then he asked if the bulbs could be swapped... unless the head light housing/bulbs are all one piece, which they aren't then his second question wasn't answered yet.

and yes the bulbs are the same and you can swap them out between the to head light housings and leave the wiring thats in the 99 civic the same

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Reading > you.

At first he was talking about the headlight housing. then he asked if the bulbs could be swapped...
I misread that.:oops:

Seriously, they're bulbs though, why not just try it and use some common sense reasoning to see if they fit.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well obviously he's a newb... and maybe he wanted to make sure he didn't fry something... idk lol

bkjj77

Registered VIP
im trying to say can i unclip the wiring from the 97 headlights with the bulbs on them and clip it back into a 99 civic.
I know you can unclip the wires but with the clips fit eachother?
1999 wiring = ---[
1997 wiring = ]---
1997 bulb = O I'm trying to ask if this will work ---[ ]--- O ))
1999 headlight = ))

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless the part that clips onto the light bulb from the 99 is missing then you shouldn't have to use the wiring from the 97... just the bulbs. but if the clip is missing then yes you can use the clip from the 97.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is your wiring bad? You could but there probably isn't any reason to, just get new bulbs.

*also, wtf is with the thread title… Si Swap, umm no

bkjj77

Registered VIP
ok so i bought a 99 civic
the guy had halo lights in it
but he gave me the old lights without any bulbs or wiring
im wondering if i get some 97 headlights from my friend if i can take all the wiring out of the 97 headlights and put it in the 99 civics headlight.
Wll it work

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless he cut the wires then you shouldn't need to use the light bulb clips from the 97. what he gave you were the head light housing's, they don't come with wires or bulbs. just buy new bulbs and stick them in the head light housing and swap it out with the halo lights.

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
unless he cut the wires then you shouldn't need to use the light bulb clips from the 97. what he gave you were the head light housing's, they don't come with wires or bulbs. just buy new bulbs and stick them in the head light housing and swap it out with the halo lights.
:word: