Sketched out 95 Civic

MACE

Sup
My name is Mace. I like to work on stuff. This time its a daily driver project /beater/stance ride.
So Im looking on Craigslist for a little civic I can work on over time,
Then it found me ....a beat up little 5 speed. 900 bucks. So I go to test drive it and after we park it, I see a small bit of steam coming from under the hood. We pop the hood, and the overflow is bubbling and steaming.
We fill the rad with some fresh tap water(was low), and with one look at that 100 degreee South Florida sun, I slide him 700 bucks and get in, the exhaust, cut with a hacksaw almost in half, loud .....Cruising back to the pad, It seemed to run fine with no smoke or overheating.
Since then, I have replaced the rad cap. took out the thermostat ( for testing ) beat out a few dents, sprayed the hood primer for now, a mugen style shift nob etc.
I cant get it to bubble or steam while tuning it in the driveway, so I dont know if I have fixed it (could have been just low on coolant)
anyway I plant to gut the interior, drop it on some coilovers and just kind of leave it kinda ugly and low
anyway here are some pics to start.

MACE

jdm as fu77
revvs up and down, I guess I have to clean the AIC or replace the c02 sensor.
which do you think it may be
questions.
oh the questions
Now all all need is a b18 and overnight some parts from japan!

Last edited:

MACE

So I noticed that I had a bad oil leak. The fluid coming from the right lower corner bolt of the valve cover (sticking up more than a few threads)
So then i go tighten it up and the valve cover separates from the head and it spews oil everywhere.
So then i pop off the valve cover and lo and behold there is a broken bolt in the mating surface where the valve cover meets
Then i drill out the old bolt and thread in a new one. seems to be holding for now, may need to tap it later, but holds for now...Interesting note.
The car does not fluctuate whist idling now, and the coolant wont bubble....still feels sketchy as s**t driving it though, like a whirring coming from the rear end
and some random noises and the steering wheel pulls hard to the right and stuff.
mandatory pic after the ghetto fix
and 5 rwhp sticker.

MACE

Sup man.
Yeah I may have it dependable enough to get around at this point, so I changed the oil today with Castrol high mileage.
The revving almost has stopped, sometimes it still does it, Ill have to clean the air control system behind the intake next.
But yeah, wrenching on old cars is like therapy man.
mandatory pic after oil change
Thanks for droppin by dude
maybe ill have it lookin better soon

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, clean the IACV first. If the idle is going up and down repeatedly, you have a vacuum leak somewhere.

MACE

Whatsup bro
Yeah sometimes, if the moons line up, the car will run pretty good.
decided to rust the deck lid, i think i will use the piss and salt method as that seems to bring the brightest orange.
and begin bodywork, Im not sure if Ill just primer the car or do one of those cool rustoleum paint jobs/4
still have to lower the rear, my grinder blew up before i could get an accurate "stance"
Anyway, here are some pics and no Im not Hustle King...the dude that sold me the car is.
Thanks for droppin by dude maybe ill have it lookin better by next weekend.
Mandatory pics

MACE

Oh that? that was just rusting out the trunk to high orange level using piss and salt.
I did some research, and i dont want the brown look, there is a dude online with an accord that used piss and salt and man did it make the hood bright orange.
So anyway, the left fender was almost beyond repair, so i decided to widebody the fender and paint it a bright color.
So far its about 1.5 inches wider than the stock fender, I will have finish sculpting it in clay(after foam) and then make a fiberglass overlay.
foam application, divers side fist foam app.
pic

MACE

yeah just wrechin on the dang thing
homemade tow hook
need some new parts
to be cont.

MACE

sup brah
yeah I guess my piss didnt have enough drugs in it to make it as orange as the dude who originally pissed on his
however i did learn that spraying it with bleach will lighten it.
I am having a cooling issue. i have both fans hotwired to tame it, I think my heater core is clogged up , the reseviour wont return coolant back the the rad...
There is a small leak in the upper radiator hose, maybe its makng the system have a pressure or air pocket
what do you think man
ill change it today
bonus pic of a piece of sh7
3 lug nuts=jdm 4 lyfe

Last edited:

MACE

Yeah it was rusty and it was flushed with vinegar and water and now seems kinda clean.
good call tho, lets see if the new hose stops air from entering the system and stopping the vacuum effect\
not leaking anymore,
prolly gonna slam it another inch in the front
then save up some dough for some
coilovers
and stuff

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont know if you already have or not, but you should plug that open hole on the short ram.

Keep us updated on the coolant situation.

MACE

Cool yeah man I put my finger over the hole and there didnt seem to be any fluctuation, i have been meaning to do that.
After looking at this pic i could swap the rims from the back to the front to get the front lower still
what do you think brah
anyway, sometimes you are ballin in life and order thousands of dollars in parts
and when they arrive you are kinda stoked
but then sometimes you are broke in life and order 20 bucks worth of lug nuts
and its like Christmas
why is that
Mandatory pic
this is what i got so far brahs, going for a slammed in the front, jacked up in the rear look for my personal stance project
plan to go about 2 inches lower in the front
becuz it reminds me of the 80's
lulz?

MACE

Well im a little leary to chop the springs anymore becuz there is a half spring or 3 stuck inbetween the springs
yomorrow i will chop one anyway just for fun
dont have no dough, so i put in some street outlaws style neon inside
pure jdm son

MACE

Ill get some better pics of the side soon
dumped it about 2 more inches maybe 1.5 or so i should have measured it
tucking 14's
gonna slam it another inch tomorrow
that will officially be too low at that point
vtec yo\

i should have done a tutorial on how not to cut springs to get your stance
nomsayin/10
cost 5 bucks

Last edited:

MACE

Bumper got tore off doing a 4 wheel expedition
am i trippin or do cars look better without the dress on?

MACE

i remember it was dark and rainy and stuff
its a 700 dollar car so i just use it as a canvas to come up with new ideas
Like a movie script about a bunch of apocalyptic dudes who tune old ricers and stuff
/6
Fast and Furious 8
apocalypse
I mean it could be like Mad Max meets FF
I release this idea to Chris Morgan on this date
10/7/2016
MERICA 2017
COMING SOON

Last edited:

MACE

Scene:" Yo Man just go over there and talk to the dude."
"Hell no...you go bro, hes f**kin nuts."
"ok"
what? youre gonna go? the words trail off into nothingness
ok.
Steve stands up and walks out of the room. sometimes no words need to be said.
Pulling the string in the garage, the eerie yellow light of the old bulb shined on his ride.
The old KTM smiled at him as he turned the petcock for the gas to on.
"Yolo steve says under his breath as he fires the 4 stroke up.....then... that familiar sound, like an angry horse fillS the night sky. "yolo" Steve says again as he poPs the bike into geAR.
Till next time my friends

Last edited: