Skunk2 Alpha

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who gets emails from Skunk2 but I got this today and thought I would share. I'd be willing to bet that this is all a marketing ploy to gather buzz, which of course I am falling right into, but I think this type of marketing is interesting so… discuss.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"..first ever die-cast aluminium throttle bodies.."

"...06 - 11 si Civic Header..."

sounds great!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Soooooo they accidentally sent you an email, and you decided to post it on a public forum after they asked you to delete and ignore it?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
posted on HT by other people who get "internal" emails. S2 is slowly failing, and this is their attempt to try to save themselves.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Soooooo they accidentally sent you an email, and you decided to post it on a public forum after they asked you to delete and ignore it?
It's obviously not an accident. The wording in the email makes that pretty obvious, there's practically a sales pitch in the body of the first email. Also, I work for a company that does a lot of email marketing for clients and it's highly unlikely that the CEO would just have that same database of subscribers on his computer where he could click by mistake. I'm sure that Skunk2 thought they would just try to see if they could create a buzz and actually want people to post this, it's the same thing as the iPhone 4 leak, just on a much smaller scale.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got the emails as well... good attempt at a marketing scheme. Pretty sure the CEO's email (S2Dave@skunk2.com).. is one created JUST for something like this. Usually companies that share internal emails would have firstname.lastname, or something like that.. IMO, the email was not in error, but used for marketing..

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
+1 for a marketing scheme.

I don't mind though.. Skunk2 makes good products. I'd buy from them again in the future. Love my exhaust.