• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys i might buy some for $135 plus shipping. just wondering are they any good?

Violator

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not worth it, I have the skunk2 lowering springs and it doesnt handle as good as the H&R springs. I'd go with H&R, have you replaced your struts yet? you may want to do that when you swap the springs.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what are the specs on those springs?

ride height?

spring rate?

Violator

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
skunk2 lowering springs...2.5" drop, I'm not sure about the spring rate. Even with H&R you can get custom spring rates...I'm not sure if they're as good as tein or anything like that.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can get custom spring rates with h&R?! damn why dont people tell me these things earlier. oh well is cool though they have a good set of spring rate. 483/395

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i dont actually know about the springs, i have the skunk2 coilovers however... they gave me WAY better handling (i set it with rake suspension) and its on stock struts...so the ride is not all that bad...

my friend has H&R's on his teg, he said its almost as good as his ride, if not equivalent

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i also have skunk2 coilover and it rides fine, i just need some new shocks before they blow.

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What happens when your shocks blow? I'm afraid of that because I have Dropzone coilovers and still have the stock struts :?

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well it doesnt sound is dramatic as it really does.

pretty much you can just feel the ride getting really bumper. you be jumping all of the place on bumps. its a pretty gradual transition though. but when you take out the stock struts you'll see oil and crap coming out of it. that's when you really know its blown.

wow skunk2 on stock struts, you're a brave man. those coilovers have such goddamn high spring rate i would never do that. is dangerous and no fun to ride on

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you know anything about Dropzone. The ride is pretty good right now, it doesn't bounce much at all, the ride is really stiff though.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all i can tell by looking at some places online that sells them is that the dropzone coilovers look like cheap stuff. they cost only 130 bucks. . .you know what they say, you get what you pay.

me personally, i wouldnt go cheap with suspension. but im like a suspension junky so it doesnt matter to me. if i cant beat you in a straight line, i'll take you at the turns.

Violator

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the springs, they're lowering springs. The coilovers are much differant, I wish I wouldve got the coilovers.

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeh I got em cheap but theyre working good for me so far, I just need a camber kit cuz my tires arent wearing too evenly.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i bet the inside of your tires are balding huh?

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeh especially since I let the two fronts rub when turning for like a month before I raised it a bit.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah you need camber kits. well you need shocks, then get camber kits if you gonna continue to run low and an alignment. because you're eating up tires quick and that will cost you a whole lotta money.