Slotted or Drilled?

Bino

5+ Year Member
what rotors do u guys use? i got a 91 hatch with the rear rotors done by me and i want to upgrade the rotors what do you guys thing i should go with? i not a track racers but i like the drilled look. i got 17 so you can really see them.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its pretty much your preference IMO. I think they disperse heat pretty much the same. personally I like the drilled rotors.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have 10.3 inch slotted and drilled rotors. paied about $50 for them

ryanM

its your choice, drilled disperse heat better, slotted shave off glazing on your pads. both are nice. i just went with blanks.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we have civics NOT ferrari's unless your auto-x'n then you don't need any kinda drilled or slotted

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont NEED, but nice to have.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bremo blanks are sweet.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i use brembo blanks as well... i had a pair of drilled ones that wore very shittily, so i dont f**k with those anymore

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im sure that drilled/slotted rotors have a benefit in braking, but first of all it wouldnt even be noticeable at all on the streets.. second of all, you need to buy quality parts or else they are most likely just gonna warp or crack.. so is it worth the price??? Not to me.. Just get some blanks and some nice sport pads..

Vitamin_EK9

I Do This
5+ Year Member
its up 2 u mang i had slotted on my crx and never had problems. on my coupe i had drilled and slotted and never had problems either. guess they r just for bling

Bino

5+ Year Member
thanks for the reply i really want it for the looks with my rims you like i said in my post you can see the whole rotor so i guess from the feedback its ok to go with the drilled. so where can i get some good ones cheap?

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldnt cheap out on rotors! Make sure to get something reputable, or just stay stock.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go with brembo blank. slotted/drilled has no effect on braking distance and they will be weaker than stock. Only thing they might do is resist warping better, but this is only an issue on 01+ civics.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you like the drilled look, go drilled.

I mean you might get a tiny little bit more thermal capacity at the expense of surface area. In other words, it's not going to help you any. Probably won't hurt anything other than your wallet though

Myself? I got the $20.00 blanks and painted the hats wrinkle black. They work fine.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
If you like the drilled look, go drilled.

I mean you might get a tiny little bit more thermal capacity at the expense of surface area. In other words, it's not going to help you any. Probably won't hurt anything other than your wallet though

Myself? I got the $20.00 blanks and painted the hats wrinkle black. They work fine.
brembo blanks? where at?