Smoked Tail lights

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does any body know if i can smoke my tail lights... you like kinda make them a light grayish color and then just use colored bulbs. idk know if i can be done or even if it is legal. idk so any info just let me know.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
are you tails clear???

if they are, then you can smoke them, and get colored bulbs...

but if they are the stock tails... smoke em and use the normal bulbs...

i think it would look sweet :thumbs up:

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only thing i dont know how to do is how to get the color off the tails so i can make them a light gray color anyone got any ideas?

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think u can.. i think the plastic is red like that.. otherwise there would be a DIY for "clearing" your amber tail lights with the 96-98 civics..

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all i want to do is get rid of the color and try and make them a smoked gray color.. i think it would look cool cause my car is dark green. so what i want to do is get the color out and make um a lil grayish color to resemble smoke.

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude.. i dont think you can just take the "color" out of the tail lights...

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what you should do is buy those tails that have clear lenses all the way around, that were popular a few years back, you can find em on ebay for cheap, and smoke those, that would give you the look you want.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "handlebarsfsr"

what you should do is buy those tails that have clear lenses all the way around, that were popular a few years back, you can find em on ebay for cheap, and smoke those, that would give you the look you want.
:werd: :wstupid:

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea.. i see them on ebay.. but i am reluctant to get that because i heard they were illegal on the street

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are....... you have to have a red reflector in your taillamps............ i used to have my tails smoked. i used a spray-on window tint.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

they are....... you have to have a red reflector in your taillamps............ i used to have my tails smoked. i used a spray-on window tint.
where do you get spray-on-window tint

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used to get it from this local hobby shop where i got all my modelling and hobby supplies...... i think the owner passed away, though.... the shop isn't there anymore. try using one of those window tint kits that you guys have at the zone....... im sure you can just cut out the appropriate shape and stick the tint on there.......

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "handlebarsfsr"

i was gunna say the same thing

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can use tamiya transparent paint or stained glass paint as well.

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all you gotta do is take your tail lights apart and dip the lenses in bleach for three days and that will get the color out! :thumbs up:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:wstupid: but then he wont be able to drive his car.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
for those three days

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member