So I think I'm going to buy another Civic

xposigroovex

5+ Year Member
I just got the first one a little over a month ago. I'm certainly not loaded or anywhere close so it will be a while. I have decided I want to get an EX though instead of an LX. Actually I might keep both of them, one as a daily driver and one to mess with. I'm just wondering at this point if I should keep putting money into this one adding little stuff cause I know that ultimately I'll want to do a lot more to the other one...hmm....I think this is going to be an addiction...better than crack I guess, not cheaper though. :lol:

You'll bearly notice a difference in speed between the two.

If anything sell the LX, get an EX for DD and an Si. XD

xposigroovex

5+ Year Member
really? I thought the ex has 127 hp and the lx has 106...i would figure that to be a pretty significant hp increase.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
... EX will smoke the LX stock for stock...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if u have the money, sell the LX and get an EX and SI like sierra said....

or if u really want a project, buy a 4th or 5th gen and swap in a z6 (if it doesnt have one already) and build the crap out of it. and of course restore it cosmetically as well

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i smoked an ex coupe with my lx and i had a friend in the car too....

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
i smoked an ex coupe with my lx and i had a friend in the car too....
I drove my friends 96 lx that was the whimpiest car i ever drove, an ex would dance circles around a whimpy lx plus you get all power goodies, painted panels, sunroof, vtec, rpm guage, armrest, all sorts of misc. things i would get an ex over an lx anyday, 2 or 4 door doesn't matter, sell the lx and get an ex and just work on it and have it be your daily driver, but thats only because your on a budget or i would recommend an SI of course

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Get an EX or Si, they have everything you wouldn't regret missing out on.. Unless you're planning to have a full-race car then get a DX. but im totally good with an EX or Si anyday.

thexperiment

5+ Year Member
f-that, ill race any stock EX out here, against my LX.

well i have an exhaust, since bolt-ons dont work with lx's.
im sure u wont mind me having an exhaust...127vs.106.
shiiiiiiet.

Wiz

5+ Year Member
well i know of this turbo d for sale that you can play around with :whistle:

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yall are arguing over 20 horse power.... and different transmissions....? I think at that point, it becomes a matter of personal preference and driving habbits..... I own an EX, and it's not any faster than my DX hatch... I can imagine there isn't much difference with an LX either.

but this debate is stupid. drive what you like better... nothing else matters.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Killa_CiViC said:
yall are arguing over 20 horse power.... and different transmissions....? I think at that point, it becomes a matter of personal preference and driving habbits..... I own an EX, and it's not any faster than my DX hatch... I can imagine there isn't much difference with an LX either.

but this debate is stupid. drive what you like better... nothing else matters.
a dx hatch is lighter, and without an intake its hard to tell when vtec kicks in, but an ex will shoot exhaust all over an lx's front windshield, i'll run a lx with the same mods as me any day of the week

EX > lx

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Suanico said:
a dx hatch is lighter, and without an intake its hard to tell when vtec kicks in, but an ex will shoot exhaust all over an lx's front windshield, i'll run a lx with the same mods as me any day of the week

EX > lx
I'm saying the point is being argued between 106hp and 126hp... and nearly NO torque difference.... it's a pointless debate... there is no major difference between the EX and LX..... to say that VTEC or 20hp makes a major difference is stupidity.

Arcane Hayter

I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Killa_CiViC said:
I'm saying the point is being argued between 106hp and 126hp... and nearly NO torque difference.... it's a pointless debate... there is no major difference between the EX and LX..... to say that VTEC or 20hp makes a major difference is stupidity.
You do realize you're talking about roughly a fifth more horsepower. If it was a 350hp '69 Camaro vs a 420hp '69 Camaro who would you think would win? I'm with you on the torque though, because that's going to make the difference in a quarter mile. ;)

thexperiment

5+ Year Member
wow i must slap the west coast, LX!!!! > ex.

im the best f**king driver in the world. i spank ex's with the tip of my head. ;)

ok ill stop being gay, but think about it, it basically goes down to the driver.

and my engine is moody, so it depends on the temperature, gas in the tank, many factors.

You guys are comparing the ex to the lx, like its a k20 vs. geo.